48 | The Unexpected Visitor

Shehnaaz

Unlike me, Sidharth looked annoyed at the interruption but as his eyes land on top of my exposed cleavage peeking out of his shirt, he instantly pulls me off the table and hisses out, "Go get dressed, I'll go and see who it is"
I nod in haste and sprint towards the direction of the master bedroom which was thankfully away from the foyer from where the sound of footsteps was coming from.

Once inside the confines of his large bedroom, I whip my head from side to side, searching for my clothes which were lying over the floor, strewn in all directions.I momentarily facepalm myself at the situation and instantly shudder thinking about this 'unexpected visitor'.
Holy shit, is it Ahaan by any chance?

Without wasting any more time, I quickly get dressed and rush to the washroom to fix my appearance.

As soon as I face the mirror, I cringe visibly when I see my disheveled self. My once-curled hair was now lying in a pile of messy beach waves and I go back inside the room to look for my purse to get my comb but grimace instantly when I realize that I left my purse on top of the kitchen counter.

I quickly head inside Sidharth's walk-in closet to look for a comb and jump with glee when I find one on top of the vanity table.
After brushing my hair to remove the tangles, I pull it up on a high ponytail and use one single strand of my hair to use it as a make-shift band for holding my hair in place.

Lastly, I splash some water and pick up a white fluffy towel from the towel warmer, and rub my face with it gently to remove the excessive water. After glancing at the mirror one last time, I head outside and hear distinct voices coming from the living room.

Two voices to be precise One of them, I recognize as Sidharth's and the other deep velveteen one sounded unknown.

Thank God, at least it's not Ahaan....

I stop in my tracks, deciding not to go any further. I don't even know who's on the other side of the wall, which was currently separating me from the duo who were lounging on the other side.
Feeling kind of curious, I strain my ears to listen to what they were discussing.

"...Oh I know right! Dad's been on my case since that incident on the school grounds. I mean I'm an adult for godsake. What was he even thinking?" The other voice speaks out with frustration lacing his voice.

"Well, you didn't exactly leave him with many choices did you?" I hear Sidharth say and frown thinking that who this guest might be.

"Tell me about it! Anyways, do you mind if I crash over at yours tonight? I really don't want to go back to the mansion tonight. Don't worry; I'll start looking for an apartment tomorrow right away"

"You can stay here for as long as you need. When has it ever been an issue?" Sidharth sounds kind of hurt at the stranger's request and I strain my ears to hear the other guy's response.

"I know bhai and it truly means a lot. I just can't stand dad's inquiry at the moment..." The other voice trails off and I freeze when I hear the word 'bhai'

Bhai? is that Sidharth's younger brother?

"Oh hey, did you know what happened at our restaurant yesterday?" The other voice speaks up excitedly and I hear Sidharth sigh before asking, "What happened?"

"I heard that Ahaan was having dinner with some crazy hot chick and they were quarreling and it ended up with the girl throwing a wad of cash right in Ahaan's face before she stormed away" He bursts out laughing and I frown over his words.

Some hot chick having dinner with Ahaan? Storming out of some restaurant?

"Is she someone we know?" Sidharth's tone mirrors my skepticism and I lean further against the wall to hear the other guy's reply.