39 | Downward Spiral

Shehnaaz

The Weeknd's 'After Hours' song was exactly what my life felt at the moment except I wasn't crooning about unprotected sex and wanting babies. Speaking of babies, I screw my eyes shut when one of the kids from the nearby booth wails his lungs off. I mean seriously, why can't these parents just discipline their kids properly? It wasn't like I hated children, I do love them. Like Rohan's daughter Sanaya for instance, the mere thought of that angel makes my heart brim with happiness.

"You know what? I'm one step away from strangling that kid!" Neha groans out and clutches her head tightly in her hands as she shoots daggers at the bratty kid who is still bawling his eyes out over some milkshake, much to our annoyance.

"Hey! Easy there! I don't think that the peaceful citizens of Delhi would appreciate a display of child abuse right in the middle of the lunch break. Besides, it was your idea to come and eat here at Mc. Donald's" I say the last part pointedly and regard her with amusement.
She sighs deeply and replies, "No shit, Sherlock"

I wince when the kid starts crying again and I exasperatedly look behind me to see why the fuck wasn't his mother doing something. As soon as I turn I freeze when my eyes finally take the child's appearance. It would be a fat lie if I said that the kid was iust cute.

He was adorable.

He face reminded me of someone, suddenly I had a urge to soothe the kid and thought for a moment, would Sidharth's look like him too.

A memory of us lying on the top of the faux carpet opposite the fireplace in his room flashes inside my head and I feel myself thinking about it.

****
"Is that you?" I release a laugh as I look at the smaller 6yr old version of Sidharth holding a wooden sword while being dressed as a pirate. He looked adorable beyond words.

What made me laugh was the fact that he was pouting at the camera with a huge red nose which almost put Rudolph to shame and his untamed jet-black hair fell on his forehead in bangs that looked quite disheveled, preferably from the wind.

"Ugh, where did you get that?" He groans and looks at the picture with mild horror. I look at him sideways and point at the top part of the fireplace "Damnit! Evita must've put it there" He says and rubs his face whilst regarding the picture in my hands.

"Who's Evita?" I ask him confused and watch him smile fondly.

"She used to be my part-time nanny when I was a kid. She was the one who took this picture. I think I was crying because my sword was brown and not black like the way I wanted it" He looks up at the ceiling thoughtfully and rubs my shoulder gently as I stare at the image in front of me.

"You must have been such a snotty kid you know" I snigger in amusement and his lips thin with irritation.

"I wasn't a snotty kid. Though I can bet that you were a brat" He speaks up in his defense and my eyes widen as I gasp loudly when I hear him calling me a brat.

"What?! I was NOT a brat" I spat out offended and fold my arms over my chest and childishly scoot away from him and look away.

"Oh no. Is Ms. Gill alright? Did I bruise her ego?" He asks mockingly and I shoot him a death glare whilst scrambling to get up with the duvet clutched around my naked body.
In one swift movement, he captures my wrist in his hand and pulls me down. I fall back on the fluffy carpet and within a blink of an eye; he's on top of me.

He gathers both of my hands and pulls them over my head as I wriggle beneath him.
"Ugh let go! I don't want to be here" I knew that right now I was indeed acting like a child but for some reason, being around him like this felt.. comfortable.
"Oh look. Now, who's acting like a brat?" He says with his mouth a few inches away from mine and his minty breath fills my nostrils as he inches closer to me.
"Huh! Says the snotty kid himself" I retort back and I watch him repress his amusement as he tries to maintain his serious expression.
"Oh really?" He playfully asks me and with one of his hands holding both of my hands hostage, he uses his free hand to tickle me and I thrash around with laughter.
"Oh my God! Stop please!" I beg him and he rests his forehead on top of mine as we stare at each other silently.
Other than our explosive sexual encounters, I loved enjoying moments like this with him. It just simply felt...natural