22 | Chase away my pain

Shehnaaz

“There is so little I know about you...”

I trail off as the words spill out of my mouth and get lost in the stream of water cascading over us. I squeeze my eyes shut because I regret verbalizing my thoughts out as soon as they reach my ears. I already dread Sidharth’s reply and expect him to call me a hypocrite because that was exactly what I was being at the moment.

Instead, he surprises me by nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck and murmurs tiredly “I know darling, I know.”

“We're both being selfish, aren’t we?” I state and stare up at the ceiling with a wistful look on my face. The shiny black marble reflected both of our bare bodies and I observed Sidharth’s expression as my question sinks in his head.

“I know” He replies with the same answer again. I was feeling a bit irritated after getting the same response again and decide to steer the topic in a safe direction.

“You know, I’m really surprised to know that you’re so talented. I mean you can cook!” I exclaim the last sentence and laugh.

He releases a short chuckle and I feel him smirk without even looking at him as he stood underneath the shower behind me.

“Why is that surprising? Does our busy little Ms. Interior designer not know how to cook?” He asks me amusedly.

“Oh please, I can cook quite well!” I raise my palm defensively and try to appear offended which I fail to do so.

“Then why were you so surprised to know that I can cook?” He persists again and starts rubbing his thumbs in a circular motion on the side of my hips.

“Well, my brother can’t even boil water properly let alone cooking. In fact, the same goes for my father and all my male cousins so I assumed you can’t cook too.” I explain to him whilst enjoying the feel of his fingers on my skin.

However, after hearing my explanation, he abruptly stops his actions and asks distractedly “You have a brother?”

“Yes. He’s six years older than me and works alongside my father.” I frown at his sudden behavior change.

“You were right. We really know very little about each other” He says with a deep sigh and his breath at the nape of my neck left me shivering with need at our proximity.

“Well, my mum taught me how to cook before I left for university so that I don’t have to rely on takeout every day. I learned to master my skill in cooking within the time span of four years and often experimented with dishes in my free time among other things of course.” He speaks up again to end the growing silence and puts a slight emphasis on the words ‘other things’ and soon as I understand his referred innuendo, I feel myself blushing.

“Now I really envy you; I mean you are so talented” I teasingly drawl out my retort while smiling to myself coyly and jump with glee inwardly.

“Oh, you should really see my other talents. I bet you’re going to love it!” He boasts back.

All of a sudden a thought flashes in my head. I don’t where it came from but I can’t let go of it anymore.

‘What if I finally give in to my temptation and sleep with Sidharth to get him out of my system?’

I ask myself to which my subconscious sneers back and says’ Yeah right! More like caving into a new addiction that’s gonna kill you slowly. Nice thoughts Shehnaaz, nice thoughts!’

No debate was necessary anymore because I’ve finally made up my mind.

I will sleep with Sidharth no matter what.