Danny Phantom x reader Snow Leopard Arc: Danny's Nightmare

(y/n) and (SL/n) were staying at Danny's house for a few weeks while (y/n)'s parents were out of town. Maddie had set them up in a guest room close to Danny's room, she had even set up a lovely bed on the floor for (SL/n), it was close to the bed, but far enough away that (y/n) wouldn't step on her on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Danny was having a rough night, he was having a troubling nightmare. He and (y/n) were in their ghost forms, going for a relaxing fly around Amity Park. They were playfully racing each other. Suddenly, the world went black and he lost sight of (y/g/n), he could hear her calling out to him and desperately tried to find her. When he finally did, she was just floating there, her (g/e/c) eyes staring at him. Suddenly, there's the sick sound of flesh being stabbed and (y/g/n) gets a look of dread on her face, green blood starting to trickle down the corner of her mouth and pour from the fatal wound on her stomach, all over the sword embedded in it. And all too familiar voice rings out.

Skulker: Now, look what you made me do.

The sword was removed and Danny caught (y/g/n) as she fell. He held her tightly, hoping she would stay with him. She places a hand lovingly on his cheek, something she does quite often and something he enjoys.

(Y/g/n): *weakly* I love you, Danny.

With those words, her hand drops off his cheek and hits the ground, and she's gone. She transforms into her human form and Danny hugs her, crying. He wakes up shouting her name with tears in his eyes, almost instantly, (y/n) and (SL/n) come running in.

(Y/n): Danny, what's wrong? Is it Skulker again?

She calms down when she sees he's not in danger and she and (SL/n) walks over to him, she sees he's crying when she gets close enough.

(Y/n): Danny, are you ok? You're crying.

She sits on his bed and gently brushes the tears away as he tells her about his nightmare.

Danny: ... And you just... Died in my arms.

(Y/n) hugs him comfortingly and he returns the hug, holding her tight, but not tight enough to hurt her. After he's calmed down, they break the hug.

Danny: Will you and (SL/n) stay with me? I don't want to be alone.

(Y/n): *as (SL/n) gently headbutts his arm* Of course.

She lays down beside him on the bed with (SL/n) on the floor beside them. Danny embraces her the moment she's comfortable.

(Y/n): Now, to go back to sleep.

Danny: I almost don't want to... What if I have that same nightmare? I don't think I can take seeing you die twice.

(Y/n): hmm... Let me try something. My mom use to sing this song to me when I had nightmares.

She gently starts running her fingers through his raven hair, he closes his eyes, clearly enjoying the motion.

(Y/n): 🎵 Sleep little one, close your eyes. Your body's cooling with the night. Let your worries slip away, tomorrow is a brand new day. Shimmering moon and satin sky, the night wind breathes it's lullaby. You dreams are here to set you free, the dawn will bring you back to me. *As Danny falls asleep with a smile on his face* the dawn will bring you back to me.🎵

She kisses his cheek and cuddles him as she falls asleep herself.

(Author Note: this is before Bitter Reunions, the song is called Maddie's Lullaby. No, it's not Danny's mom, Maddie, it's a lovely blue Inland Taipan from the Back To the Outback movie. If you haven't seen it, it's on Netflix, I highly recommend it. This was the lullaby mentioned in Bitter Reunions after Danny's fight with Vlad.)