Joe Yabuki in the Smurfs Movie

Judy was at an Anjelou event with Patrick. She wasn't really enjoying it, but she grinned and bared it for her friend's sake. She's wearing a pink and white Lolita style dress with a brown jacket, white tights, and black heels. She got bored at one point and went for a walk in the park the event was set up in. She notices a young man with black hair in a red shirt, brown long coat and a brown newsboy hat. He looks like he just pulled himself out of the water, he's soaking wet and freezing. She instinctively runs over to him to see if he's ok.

Judy: Oh my gosh, are you alright?

When he looks up to nod with a reassuring smile, she sees that he has brown eyes and bandages in his face.

Joe: I'm fine. Name's Joe.

Judy: I'm Judy. *She takes her jacket off and wraps his shoulders* Here, you must be freezing.

Joe: Thanks.

Judy gets a text from Patrick telling her that he's leaving and to meet him at the entrance.

Judy: Come on, I'm not going to let you stay here, you'll freeze.

Joe: That's kind of you, but I couldn't...

Judy: *gently places her pink nailed finger on his lips* Hold the phone. *She removes her finger and puts her hand to her chest* Now, give the phone to me. I'm not letting you stay here, now come on.

She leads the still shivering male to Patrick and, after a little convencing, the three of them pile into the cab. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the trio in the cab,

Gargamel: Stop that carriage!

He's running after their cab because of the Smurfs on the roof.

Patrick: Ooh, wait, I forgot my phone!

The cab suddenly stops and Gargamel slams into the back of the cab, the sound makes Joe and Judy spin around, they don't see anything and share a shrug. Patrick looks for his phone and quickly finds it on his person.

Patrick: Oh, nevermind, I found it.

The cab starts moving again, leaving Gargamel in the dust. Once back at the apartment, Patrick gives Joe some of his clothes to wear while his are drying. Judy gets in the shower and, as a force of habit, she starts to sing. And Joe, after Patrick's wife, Grace, has put fresh bandages on his face, pauses outside the door to listen, completely hypnotized.

Judy: 🎵 Let's go in the garden, you'll find something waiting. Right there where you left it, laying upside-down. When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded. The underside is lighter, when you turn it around. Everything stays, right where you left it. Everything stays, but it still changes. Ever so slightly, daily and nightly, in little ways, when everything stays.🎵

Joe quietly slips off as the shower turns off. He can't get her voice and the lyrics out of his head. He starts to realize how he feels about her. Grace notices his expression as she goes to bed and bites back a smile as she realizes what he's thinking. Judy walks out of the bathroom dressed in her nightgown and her hair wrapped in a towel. She spends a while with Joe, seeing if he's ok and checking to see if he's getting sick. She's relieved that he doesn't have a fever. They start to talk until they hear Patrick and Grace scream. Judy runs to Grace and Joe runs to Patrick. Both are speechless by what they see. In the bathroom, Grace is facing a little blue man, a Smurf, with a floppy hat. Joe enters the living room and can only stare in shock as Patrick is being hogtied by a Smurf with a kilt.

Patrick: Do not be fooled by their cuteness!

The girls come in holding the other Smurfs.

Grace: They're friendly.

After Joe unties Patrick and everyone calms down. Papa Smurf explains their situation and in the morning, Patrick is looking up Smurfs on his laptop while Joe , Judy, and the Smurfs help Grace with breakfast. Papa, Brainy, Grouchy, Gutsy, and Smurfette went to Patrick's work with him to find a stargazer. While Judy and Grace went to Grace's ultrasound, Joe stayed with Clumsy to keep him company. The girls come back to find Clumsy has planted some plants. Later, Grace has to go get the Smurfs from Patrick because they're driving him crazy. After an escapade in the toy store, the Smurfs get a stargazer and Papa goes to check for a way to make a Blue Moon. Meanwhile, Joe had worked up the nerve to tell Judy how he feels about her. He finds her at the table using her Hydrokinesis to play with some water with a straw. He takes a deep breath and goes over to her.

Joe: Hey, Judy?

Judy: *looking at him, the water she was playing with levitating over her glass* Yes?

Joe: I really like you.

Judy: *blushing, the water she was playing with drops into the cup* Really?

Joe: Yeah, really.

Judy: I feel the same way about you.

Joe: You know I have to go home, right?

Judy: Well... Sometimes, home isn't where you are, it's who you're with.

After fighting Gargamel and saving the Smurfs from him, Brainy had gotten a portal open for the Smurfs to go home. Joe very clearly doesn't want to leave Judy. Papa talks him into staying, as it's pretty obvious that it was breaking both of their hearts. Joe practically tackles Judy in a hug.

Joe: *crying a little* I decided to stay.

Judy: *also crying a little* But, what about your home?

Joe: *cupping her cheek and looking into her eyes lovingly* As someone I love very much once said, "Sometimes, home isn't where you are, it's who you're with".

The two share a loving kiss and Judy's Hydrokinesis causes water to swirl around them.