Penelope Pitstop Situation: The Bubbler

Flo was standing on her balcony in a blue ballgown with white gloves. She was listening to The Impossibles play from their blimp as it passes. She gets the urge to sing herself, her song of choice is one of her favorite songs, Moon River. She's unaware that she was singing loud enough to be heard. The boys blimp was close enough for them to hear her. The Impossibles go to the window to investigate, Fluid is floored by what he sees. The singer is a beautiful young woman with medium length blonde hair, freckles splayed across her cheeks, and oval glasses. Fluid's face gets red when he sees her. Unfortunately, The Impossibles weren't the only ones who could hear her. The Bubbler, who had just kidnapped the Shaw of Shishkabob, hears her and wants her for himself. He approaches the teen as she finishes her song.

Bubbler: You're coming with me, my velvety voiced siren.

He bubbles her before she can react. After a call from their boss, Big D, the boys suit up and take off after them. After chasing Bubbler to his underwater hideout, Fluid Man liquifys and goes in under the door. He's noticed by The Bubbler and soaked up in a rag. The villain goes to turn the helpless hero into steam when Flo, who has been giving the villian the silent treatment since her capture, can't stand the thought of someone being hurt for her sake, so she breaks her silence.

Flo: *taking a step forward* Stop! Don't hurt him!

Bubbler: So, she CAN speak. You were so quiet, I thought you were mute.

Flo: *eyes locked on the captured Fluid Man* If you give him to me, I'll sing again, like you wanted.

Fluid Man: *from the rag* Don't do it! I'll be ok!

Bubbler: Very well, dear. Just don't try anything.

He tosses the rag to her, she catches it, careful not to hurt Fluid Man.  She takes a deep breath and sings like she promised, not taking her eyes off the rag in her hands. Her song of choice this time is Francis Forever, it's almost like she's singing directly to the defenceless hero. Fluid Man is entranced by her voice again. When she's done singing, Bubbler puts Flo in another bubble.

Bubbler: Just in case you get any ideas, my dear.

He leaves them to go to deal with the remaining Impossibles. Flo sighs and wrings Fluid Man out of the rag. Once he's back to normal, he turns his attention to her.

Fluid Man: Did he hurt you?

Flo: No, I'm fine. Did he hurt you?

Fluid Man: Who cares?

Flo: I do.

This makes him blush, she realizes what she said and covers her mouth, blushing as well.

Flo: *still blushing* I'm Flo, by the way.

Fluid Man: I'm Fluid Man, my pals call me Fluey.

Flo: It's nice to meet you, Fluey.

He blushes even more as she uses his nickname. After the Bubbler has been defeated, the Impossibles took the Shaw of Shishkabob and Flo home. Flo suddenly turns to Fluid Man, who she's sitting next to.

Flo: Oh, I almost forgot. *She pecks his cheek, making him blush again* That was for protecting me after we got out of the bubble.

Fluid Man: *entire face is red and he's trying not to melt* N-no problem.