2. foodies

PAIRING: Steven Grant & Marc Spector x GN!Reader

WARNING(S): Implied eating disorder. Food.

SUMMARY: Steven and Marc find themselves starting to worry about (Y/N), as they are not eating normally and they are missing out on meals.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/11a80ea19fb0be6df85ed7f3507f6395/3bcb797994948c27-e5/s540x810/03d986d64efa30f8fb265533d4b94bcbce2360c9.gif

Dating Steven and Marc was amazing

Dating Steven and Marc was amazing. The three of you got along like a house on fire, and you had done so since the two of you met at the museum Steven worked at. You were a new gift shop assistant, at the time, and Steven was assigned to show you the ropes. You quickly grew fond of each other, and when he introduced Marc things just made sense. It was like you were destined for each other. The spark was ignited quickly and passionately, and you moved in after a few months of dating. Arguably that would be considered quite fast, but for the three of you it just made sense.

What didn't make too much sense, however, was your odd eating habits. Marc had clocked it first, and was quick to tell Steven that same night - who agreed that it was a little odd that, when you had worked at the museum, you were rarely seen eating. Even at lunch you didn't seem to eat a lot, if anything. Once Marc mentioned it, Steven started to worry, but he kept his worry from you. Instead, he hatched a plan with Marc to make sure to quietly remind you that you hadn't eaten yet.

You were working on your laptop and you had barely moved from your desk for what seemed like hours. With your eyes and mind concentrated on the task at hand, you failed to notice the passage of time and the fact you had not even eaten any breakfast. The second you had woken up you were on your laptop, and Steven didn't know what to do. He was battling with himself, and Marc, to just walk up to you and remind you that you needed to eat. He did not want to disturb you and your work, but he also didn't want to watch you waste away.

"Love?" His voice cuts through the initial silence, and you shoot your head up to look at him with a smile.

"What's up, babe?" You could tell he was worrying about something, by the look in his beautiful, brown eyes. You didn't know why he was worried, but you knew your boyfriend well enough to see the signs that he was worried about something.

"Are you... have you eaten anything today?" He questioned you, with a hesitating voice.

"I... I don't think so, no." A frown makes its way onto your face as you try to recall whether or not you had eaten anything since waking up that morning. Your lack of a 'yes' made Steven frown even more with worry. Squatting down to get to your eye level, Steven took your hands in his own.

"Love, Marc and I have been worrying about you... we noticed you haven't been eating a lot. Is... Is everything okay?" You frowned at his words. You knew he was telling you the truth, and the fact you had not really noticed - or cared enough to notice - made you feel guilty. You did eat, you just tended to forget a lot, and your stomach growling was the only reminder you had - and that didn't really come up until later in the day. You found meals to be tedious and when you did eat it was usually snacks and nothing substantial.

No wonder Steven and Marc had been worried about you...

"I'm okay, really. I just... I-I don't know - I just forget, sometimes." You tried your best to comfort him as he squeezed at your hands. "I'm also just not that hungry all of the time." You shrug slightly, not to dismiss the situation at hand but to try and make it seem less of a problem than it was.

Your boyfriend's body tensed slightly, and you could immediately see that Marc had taken over, his eyes just as worried as Steven's, but there was less of a puppy-like quality to them. You tried to smile at him, but he shook his head slightly.

"That's not a good thing, (Y/N)." He sighed, rubbing his thumbs across the back of your hands.

"I know it's not great, I just have a hard time remembering to eat, that's all. I like food, it's nice and everything, I just - I don't know." You were trying your best to explain how you were feeling, but it was hard to put it into words - which was something Marc understood completely.

"Okay, because you have a hard time remembering, why don't Steven and I start reminding you? Or, at least, ask every so often if you are up for something to eat? Even if you say you're not hungry, that's still better than not considering food at all." Marc stood up slowly from his squat, a slight ache in his knees at the movement. You followed his movements, a small nod coming from your head.

"I think that would work. I don't think I'm up for a meal right now, but I can probably do with snacking on something?" A sheepish look comes over you as you make your way to the kitchen, Steven now by your side as he seemed pleased that you were at least going to have a snack.

"That's all we will ever ask of you, love. We don't want you to feel pressured to eat, or anything like that, we are just a little worried that you might not be eating as much as you should be." Steven's sincere honesty made you feel bad for making them worry, but you didn't voice such a thought out loud as you did not want to upset your boyfriends any further.

Grabbing a fruit from the fruit bowl, you took a bite out of it and smiled lightly at Steven as you chewed. While you did not feel particularly hungry, you felt obligated to at least try and eat something to make up for the hours you had spent on your laptop.

"We love you, (Y/N). If you ever feel like you can't eat something we make, just let us know, yeah? We can always freeze it, or pop it in the microwave for you to heat up again when you feel like finishing it?" Reaching a hand up to cup the side of your face that wasn't occupied with chewing, Steven pressed a gentle kiss on your forehead.

"I love you too." You mumbled softly, your eyes closing as your forehead met his gently. You may not have promised to suddenly start eating three courses a day, or anything like that, but Steven and Marc were happy that you had taken their concerns seriously.

All they wanted was the best for you, and if that meant they had to ask you if you were hungry every so often, then so be it. The three of you were going to manage it together, and that's all you could ever ask for.