127. To Be Loved By the Moon[Khonshu][Part 1]

Khonshu x gn!reader

https://64.media.tumblr.com/df22effb3b84db855b879f5eff4a400e/7e0207abbfbc7cbd-a9/s540x810/36c3cb7e99c28cd351cc54255d9fbca521ef2d9a.gif

You mistook the pair for the Grim Reaper following his prey

One day, seeing death personified, you watched as someone - some thing - stalked the streets of London, and followed a stranger around. You remember walking up to the man at the time, not knowing what possessed you to do that, and asking him if he knew he was being followed.

Arthur stared at you wide-eyed in the alleyway, not sure how to handle another person seeing the deity. Mortally, Arthur knew no one else could see the bird-skulled mummy following him around.

How could you?

Arthur made sure not to turn and look at Khonshu to alert you, but a deep chuckle rumbled behind him anyway.

"Ahh, a prophet, I see." The ominous voice bellows atop you and the stranger in front of you.

Prophets were a rare selection of mortals who could see creatures of the godly kind. Avatars were given such a gift of sight; in your case, you seemed to be born with it. You obviously just never encountered a being off the streets of London; occasionally a drift would have a luminous with it, or a voice would whisper that wasn't yours. You've tried in the past to receive treatment for schizophrenia, but you knew you weren't so you stopped cold turkey.

Khonshu was the first interdimensional being you had a staredown with. And this mammothly tall being just caught your eye too much to ignore him.

You were the only human Khonshu ever encountered who did not meet him with fear. Maybe your heart for righteousness is what kept you unwavering under his gaze, beneath hollow sockets and a sharpened beak. What possibly kept you solid towards Khonshu may have been your nature to help others, considering you even went ahead first when you thought Arthur was being stalked by a fucking ghost.

Since the meeting, you never participated in Khonshu's "fist of vengeance" nonsense, allowing the deity to live his purpose through others. But to try and say the god's antics and mannerisms didn't hold your interest would be a lie.