109. Makeup Routine

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | None

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7d074d8adaf6dbbdafe36c94a8f11f3b/53cf4ca2bcaa3ab4-86/s540x810/7f91ed3075b53a305dc5b85821f6a2edd354cf65.gif

It seemed like it had been forever since you'd been able to enjoy a nice evening out with Steven

It seemed like it had been forever since you'd been able to enjoy a nice evening out with Steven. Not that you were mad or annoyed or anything. You understood that things weren't exactly normal when it came to Steven, so you weren't dismayed when plans were canceled or changed. As long as you got to spend time Steven and he always came home safe, you were happy. He was all that mattered at the end of the day.

Tonight - finally - was date night. Well, date night that was supposed to happen weeks ago but had to be rescheduled. Between your crazy schedule, Steven's outings, and everything else life had to offer, it kept having to be pushed back. But nothing was going to take it away from you this evening. Not as long as you had a say in it; and you finally intended on doing that.

You were perched at the small vanity in your bedroom, studying your reflection as you tried to decide what you wanted to put on your face. The two of you were going out for a date night of a movie and dinner, so you'd opted for a simple but pretty floral dress and some mary janes you couldn't say no to. There weren't always a ton of opportunities to dress up, so you always took full advantage when you could. Plus you knew Steven was a sucker for you in a pretty dress, even if he'd never admit it out loud.

You heard the creak of that stubborn little floorboard from just outside your bedroom door, which caused you to turn your attention over. Steven was standing there with a little smile on his face, watching you with nothing short of reverence. Your face turned up in a smile that threatened to break your face in half.

"Hello Steven," your voice was so soft, gentle and tender and made him absolutely weak in the knees, "you're early, love. I'm not quite ready yet. Do you mind?"

"Not at all," he came over to you and pressed a gentle kiss to the top of your head before he gently stroked your cheek, "I finished a little early today and wanted to see you. So I just came over. You look beautiful, darling."