111. Coffee Spill

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | Language

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d2461d32bfa280c30583236d5251e3b9/42e66c2e7a7472b0-b8/s540x810/8d58afe906835c8113d9ba32d3d7a38df356cd33.gif

A heavy yawn escaped your lips as you stepped through the doors of your favorite café

A heavy yawn escaped your lips as you stepped through the doors of your favorite café. You'd just gotten off another overnight shift at the hospital, ready for sleep more than anything, but that wasn't in the cards just yet. You still had plenty of things to do at home before you could relax, so the only logical solution to that was coffee, naturally. You gave Jenn, the barista you saw almost every time, your order before paying and leaving a generous tip as you waited for the warm, tasty cup of goodness. The place was crowded for it being so early in the morning, and you stood in the corner to stay out of the way and wait.

It seemed to take forever, for which you blamed absolutely no one, but when you heard your name being called you practically bounded over to the counter. The sweet, wonderful caffeine was calling out to you, enchanting as a siren.

You were so focused on your task of grabbing your coffee (and fresh poppyseed muffin of course) that you were most definitely not paying attention. So wrapped up and out of it that you crashed right into a warm, thick wall of muscle. You were stopped in your tracks with a small oof as the other customer's coffee smashed between the two of you and all over your scrubs and his shirt.

"Fuck me," the words tumbled out of your mouth before you could stop them. The warm liquid, thankfully no longer scalding, quickly soaked into your top, effectively crushing your spirit. You looked at the poor man you'd done this to, ready to apologize and beg for forgiveness, "I am so, so sorry."

It was only when you looked up, that you realized how very handsome he was. Oh. Oh. You weren't prepared for that. The look of exasperation on his face quickly melted into a bemused smile as he watched you. He was handsome in every sense of the word and it almost rendered you speechless. At least he was wearing a dark shirt, you supposed.

"It's alright," he insisted softly and you were practically willing the floor to open up and swallow you whole. Did he have to be handsome and sound like that? He tossed the crushed cup into the trash and went to fetch some napkins, "accidents happen."