95. Support

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | None

https://64.media.tumblr.com/8cd24bbebcdbe9635896172f4554944c/9055c2616d487896-1a/s540x810/43f5ff9e42e9301de9655ac3cca63171758b0850.gif

He knew that daisies were your favorite flowers, but you realized that you'd never taken the time to ask what his were

He knew that daisies were your favorite flowers, but you realized that you'd never taken the time to ask what his were. You'd make it a point to ask him when he got home that evening, but hoped that for now the golden and orange hues in the form of tulips, roses, and solidago would be okay. He had no clue that you were currently in his apartment, cleaning all the small messes and straightening everything up. But he had given you the spare to his place so he had to know that eventually you'd make use of it.

Steven, your sweet, gentle, kind Steven, had been really going through it lately. He never wanted to burden with his troubles or worries, but you always managed to coax it out of him. You were sure he wouldn't have told you about Marc if you hadn't encountered him on your own one very surprising and interesting evening. You still remembered the worried expression on his features like he expected that you would just walk out and never speak to him again.

When you'd reassured him that you weren't going anywhere you could almost see the relief on his face and the tension seem to leave his body. Who were you to judge him for something that was beyond his control? He was still Steven, your Steven, and nothing was going to change that. It definitely wasn't an easy thing to understand - you were sure you never fully would understand - but it didn't mean that you were just going to walk out on the person you loved. Whatever he was going through, however he needed you, you were planning on being there for him.

You were pulled back into reality when you heard the front door softly open and closed, followed by a small but audible little gasp. Steven kicked his shoes off and slowly walked over to you, only to be met halfway as you wrapped him up in your arms. Steven always gave the best hugs, throwing his whole body into it as he molded your frame into his, his arms in a protective grasp around you, as you buried your head into the crook of his neck. He smelt so good, so familiar, just like home.

"Hello my love," you whispered as you pulled back and moved to place a kiss to his lips. But before you could do so, you noticed that he looked...off. The expression on his face made it appear as though he wasn't all there, "Steven."