96. Comfort

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | Period Related Issues, Mentions of Estranged Family

https://64.media.tumblr.com/fc891e70bab2736dba978bed9c6ec5c5/241db48f8aba7048-dc/s540x810/e14ae09607b3add6db91dbebf1590a6d84e87c1f.gif

"Hello darling," his voice was soft and cheery as he looked from the book he was reading as you trudged into his apartment

"Hello darling," his voice was soft and cheery as he looked from the book he was reading as you trudged into his apartment. He hadn't done anything wrong or said anything wrong but it still managed to annoy you. You felt bad the moment you realized it was probably written all over your face.

"No," you sighed as you shook your head before dropping your bag and heading towards the bathroom to take a long, hot shower, "I'm so sorry, Steven. I just...I'm in a horrible mood. It's not you, at all, but I just need a bit of time alone."

"Okay," he agreed softly, deciding to respect your boundaries. For a moment he wanted to be offended but then quickly decided realized it wasn't personal. Instead he dog-eared the page he was on and tossed his book onto the table before walking into the kitchen. If there wasn't anything he could say to make you feel better, then maybe a nice cup of tea would help.

Just standing under the hot water and scrubbing away the grime of the day helped you to feel a million times better. You took your time, making sure you were thoroughly clean, lathering up in Steven's soap and shampoo. You always loved how he smelled and wanted to have him that much closer, that even when you woke up the next you could still feel him.

You weren't even sure how long you remained in the shower, stepping out only when the water started to run cold. Steven must have slipped in silently at some point, leaving a warm, fluffy towel and some clean clothes for you on the edge of the sink for you. The kind gesture made your heart constrict slightly, and you felt bad for how you'd snapped at him. He always managed to be so gentle and kind hearted, even when people didn't deserve it.

You were drying off your hair when you walked back into the living area, finding him watching a random documentary on TV, a steaming mug of tea on the table in front of him. He had impeccable timing and had made your favorite tea in your favorite mug.