164. Playing With Fire [Part 4][End]

Pairing: Jake Lockley x Fem!Reader x Marc Spector x Steven Grant

Summary: Marc and Steven help you through the aftermath of Jake's overprotective measures while Jake stays hidden out of respect. You find yourself demanding to speak to him, which Marc and Steven do not take so kindly to.

TW/CW: Angst, arguments, reader getting a bit physical but nothing crazy bc Jake is a literal brick wall, bit of fluff, resolved angst

https://64.media.tumblr.com/72a5255d47abbe25da11d0ff0f51f6aa/84713add2fda223d-44/s540x810/3bf6fd210b29fa8272eee311ce7b043ddb6b7cdf.gif

Marc woke you up the next morning with the biggest, saddest eyes you'd ever seen him wear

Marc woke you up the next morning with the biggest, saddest eyes you'd ever seen him wear. He brushed your hair from your face, his hands trembling slightly.

Marc had woken you up the morning after the incident, his eyes big and sadder than you'd ever seen them. He couldn't hide the pain or fear from his face if he tried. It broke your heart.

"Hi," you whispered sleepily, your body instinctively snuggling into his which was a relief considering your tense and jumpy reactions just hours previously. You knew you were safe. You could feel it.

He just kissed your forehead, silently stroking your hair as you listened to the rain coming down on the roof.

"Gonna make some breakfast," Marc said as he carefully climbed off the couch, awkwardly walking into the kitchen to fix a couple plates of toast. You watched him tepidly as he seemed to be wracked with worry, something very obviously wrong behind his eyes.

Your stomach dropped as you sensed doom, the ending of what was your relationship with these troubled men. They wanted to run. You could feel it.

Marc handed you your plate as your eyes began to water, leaning down once he noticed.

"Hey, hey... Baby, what is it? You didn't want toast?" He asked softly, moving the plates away as he knelt down in front of you.

"Are you breaking up with me?" You asked as your voice shook.

Marc's eyes grew so wide, you swore they'd fall right out of his face.

"What? No! Oh, sweetheart, we thought you were gonna break up with us! Oh, baby..." He said quickly as he wrapped you in the biggest, firmest hug, cradling your head against his hardened chest. You let out a sob as he swayed you gently.