152. Just A Dream

Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Contents: Mention of the sad ending boat scene, FLUFF ♡

Contents: Mention of the sad ending boat scene, FLUFF  ♡

https://64.media.tumblr.com/de6afb9ec1842484bdbc6f802f68bc46/fb7d12247f68587c-bc/s540x810/7a33243ffbee98474e3fb31771970a0ff7b6a0db.gif

"Steven! Steven!" Marc's voice was distraught, calling for Steven as the boat floated away at an imposible speed

Steven stood, trudging his hardest through the sand, hand outreached in Marc's direction. "Wait! WAIT!" his voice trailed off as he looked down, noticing his ankles were slowing to a stop, his legs no longer being able to move on their own.

"Steven, run!" Marc yelled, looking back toward the front of the ship, banging on the sides. "Stop the boat! Stop the boat!"

"Wait..." Steven said before falling to the ground, reaching out for Marc.

Marc watched in horror, calling out his name over and over again.

Steven glanced over at you, closing his book and taking his reading glasses off

Steven glanced over at you, closing his book and taking his reading glasses off. He noticed you mumbling in your sleep, curling yourself further into the fetal position. He reached over, brushing your hair from your face and finding it wet with tears. He sighed sadly, his heart ached when you cried.

"Darling? Darling, wake up," You heard faintly as your eyes fluttered open, blurred with tears. You sniffled as you turned your face and noticed that your pillow was soaked beneath you.

You looked over at the person shaking you gently, and realized where you were.

"S-Steven!" you gasped through heavy sobs, clinging to his chest as he held you with wide eyes.

"Hi, love" he said softly with surprise, soothing your back with his large hands.

"What is it? What's wrong?" he asked as he pulled you away from his chest, lifting your face up to look at him. Your heart seized in your chest, constricting as you frantically re-memerized every detail of him. His beautiful, cloud-soft eyes. His raised brows, knitted in a concerned expression. His bottom lip jutted out just slightly as he waited for an answer.

"I had the worst dream, Steven," is all you could get out as your voice broke into a sob once again.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You're awake now, my love" he said as he held you close, stroking your hair. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

You shook your head quickly against his chest, knowing you wouldn't be able to get the words out. "We lost you," is all you could mutter.

"Oh, my little love," he said sadly, holding you tighter to his chest. He felt his heart could just burst, feeling how much you cared for him.

"I'm here now, angel. Whatever happened, it wasn't real," he said with a strong tone, a hint of protection lying under his voice.

"And Marc?" you asked suddenly, sitting up with sad eyes.

Steven smiled, rubbing his thumb across your cheek. He nodded gently. "He's still here too, just as worried about our girl as I am."

You hugged him again. You let him know he couldn't leave your sight for the rest of the day, to which he didn't protest.

"But what about Donna? She'll be cross if you don't show up again," you said with a heaving sigh, rubbing your swollen eyes with tissue.

"She can bugger off. I have more important places to be today," he said with a grin as he pulled you into his lap, placing a soft kiss to your temple. He reached to the nightstand.

"Take this so you don't get a headache," he said as he handed you some medicine and a glass of water. He knew crying made your head hurt.

"Then we'll go make some pancakes, yeah?" He smiled. You nodded quickly as he wiped your tears before capturing your lips with his.