123. Secrets[Jake Lockley]

Pairing | Jake Lockley x Fem!Reader

Warnings | Language, Mild Spice

https://44.media.tumblr.com/e45da8e8254c068534a4ffc379d2b035/6a3d7624ad6a2533-18/s540x810_f1/ce69ad72342199ced656b71be1f5e76d7d6e99a5.gif

You'd come to learn that Jake was a lot of things and probably even more that you didn't know about

You'd come to learn that Jake was a lot of things and probably even more that you didn't know about. Despite all of that, you'd never expected that he would be the one to stand you up. You grew increasingly annoyed with each passing moment as you sat at the restaurant alone. It wasn't even the fact that you were sitting there alone, clearly waiting for someone else. You could get over that embarrassment. It was the sheer audacity he had by not texting and not showing up.

You knew he kept odd hours and you weren't even really sure what he was doing half the time, but you'd never really questioned it. He'd always treated you well and been kind and gentle with you. There was a part of your mind that wandered into dark territory and wondered if something had happened to him. But...no - if anything Jake would be able to handle himself. Maybe the bastard really had stood you up.

"Excuse me," you flagged down one of the passing waiters. You were pretty sure she was the one that had thrown you multiple looks of pity, "can I get the check please? I'm done with waiting."

"Oh," she seemed nervous by the almost too sweet smile on your face, "o-of course. I'll have it right up."

You watched her go, letting your face fall back into a scowl as soon as she was out of sight. You grabbed a few bills from your purse to pay for the drinks you'd consumed while waiting for him. As soon as she came back you handed her the cash and told her to keep the change.

"If a dark haired man by the name of Jake happens to show up," you sighed lightly, "tell him to go fuck himself."

You didn't even give her a chance to say anything as you walked the restaurant. Well, you couldn't ever go back to that restaurant.