168. for all you give (i'll give it back to you)

pairing: marc spector/steven grant x reader

ˣ summary: after a bad day, marc and steven do everything they can to make you smile.

ˣ warnings: 1.6k wc, teeny bit of hurt/comfort but lots of fluff :)

6k wc, teeny bit of hurt/comfort but lots of fluff :)

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c698ac80f76f0a19bd9481d3f3387833/ded0e4766f71d6b0-0d/s540x810/13c9d35dbdfeb27534e37618794b6a9050ad2121.gif

Steven notices it almost immediately

Marc, however, has yet to say a word.

It had been late in the evening when you finally came home, the sun having long set under the horizon, a starry scene now painting the night sky. If it were any other evening, Marc would have called you out onto the balcony to revel at the sight together. A perfect way to wind down; a perfect moment to share with you.

But he could tell that something was wrong the second you walked into the flat, a heavy exhale fleeing from your lips. You kick your shoes off and hang your coat up without acknowledging either Marc or Steven, an act that worries them both even more.

"Hey, baby," Marc greets once you get settled on the couch, your head thrown back over the cushion as you pinch the bridge of your nose. "You okay?"

The sofa dips under Marc's weight when he comes to sit beside you, sliding an arm around the back of your shoulders. You soon mold into his warm body, and he wastes not a second more to tighten his embrace. He holds you close, your head just underneath his chin as you rest against the firmness of his chest. He softly brushes a kiss on your forehead, a gentle reminder of where you are, and that is, with him.

For some time, there's only silence between the two of you. Marc refrains from interrogating you, letting you be for now as you listen to the sound of his lulling breaths. From the corner of his eye, he could see Steven in the mirror, biting his lip nervously and figuring out what had happened to you.

"Did they call you about anything? Send any texts?" Steven probes, wanting to quickly get to the bottom of things.

Marc shakes his head in response. The gesture causes you to crane your face up to him, and it's the first chance he's gotten to really take a look at you. His heart wrenches when your weary gaze meets his, and only then does he see the tears welling up in your eyes. Before you could rid yourself of them, Marc does it for you, the calloused pads of his thumb tenderly wiping them away. He's careful doing so, his dark brown eyes searching yours for an answer, a hint, a clue. Anything.