129. To Be Loved By the Moon[Khonshu][Part 3][End]

Khonshu x gn!reader

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a59ee0906c17f1057deb7e53e765f868/0a8e2f4fea3c420d-2e/s500x750/89dd2b7f2321d0c6c1f4189b2941db952ddaa00d.gif

You fill your time while Khonshu and Marc were away on business

You fill your time while Khonshu and Marc were away on business. You read the scriptures and scrolls Khonshu left for you to study, you watch over Gus in favor of Steven (who you, unfortunately, haven't seen much of lately due to Khonshu sending Marc on many errands, but you would love to catch up with him soon), and you reinvest yourself into your hobbies to remind yourself what your passions are.

Your life before meeting Khonshu and his avatar was full of activities and mingling with coworkers and family, and as of late you haven't had the opportunity to catch up on your favorite shows, read a good novel or even indulge in some of your writing.

You're trying your best to keep yourself company while Khonshu is away. You'll have to show him your favorite things once he is home.

You've written about him a few times in small spaces. On a napkin after lunch, on a notepad during a meeting for work. On the pillow with your index finger when you assume Khonshu to be resting next to you.

Tonight, you light a candle for prayer, in hope that you'll be able to relay to your significant other what you have been up to. The scent reminds you of Khonshu, the desert flora - sand, lily, amber, sea mist - washes over you, allowing you to deeply inhale and bring your mind to another space. Your window is open, a gentle breeze rustles the curtains and the full moon sits high, its brightness reassuring to you.

"Khonshu," you breathe. "Please hear my words, my thoughts, and my prayers." This is the first time you pray at a distance from him, so this is an exciting first for the both of you. You hope he hears you.

You want to talk to him. To hear his timbre, assuring you you're safe, the ghostly touch of his hand over yours. You wish he could be here tonight, but you suppose now would be the time to practice finding solace in the moon.

You've saved your writings in a papyrus journal gifted to you by Khonshu. It was the best birthday gift you could have asked for, thankful that your lover would know you so well. You pull it out for this prayer, knowing which page specifically to read to him. You want him to hear you no matter what he is in the middle of.