158. HEADCANON

https://64

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d2461d32bfa280c30583236d5251e3b9/88d7a9626d9512f2-41/s540x810/d67d6649eeb22deb3d9376210bc03a5c32c9864c.gif

You work in the museum gift shop (where you met Steven, obv) and you recently told the boys about a new guy that works for security and how he is just so nice

So, in true protective moon boi fashion, they have to do some field research to find out who this man is and what he's all about.

Steven catches Donna on a good day, miraculously, and convinces her to let him work with you the next day. Right on time, the new guy comes strolling in around lunch time and asks you if he can buy you lunch.

"I'm fine, thanks," you say sweetly as you continue stocking pyramid plushies. The guy leans against the counter and checks you out, causing Steven to clench his fists from across the shop.

"Come on, sweetie, you've turned me down every day this week!" He says with a smirk as you give him a confused look.

"Well I usually bring my lunch, and today, my boyfriend is taking me out," you say with a raised brow.

"Boyfriend? That's the first I'm hearing about a boyfriend" he says with a scoff.

"That's because you never asked?" You say as you put your hands on your hips.

Steven clenches his jaw as he tries to let you handle it on your own. Jake is practically foaming at the mouth inside as Marc demands Steven go lay the nimrod out immediately.

"Excuse me," Steven says as he walks over to you and wraps his arm around your waist. "Is there a problem?"

The man stands up straight, looking Steven up and down with a scoff. "This is your boyfriend?"

"And what of it, mate?" Steven asks, stepping in front of you and crossing his arms.

"Nothing, man. You're just not what I was expecting is all," he laughs as he puts his hands up.

"I suggest you leave us alone now, 'less you wanna have a real problem." Steven says with furrowed brows.

Yeah, 3 of 'em! Marc says, egging Steven on internally.

"Is that a threat, worm?" He asks as he steps toward Steven. This strikes a nerve with Jake, who fronts immediately, causing Steven's features to shift into a dark, brooding glare as he straightens up and appears much more scary now.

The guy backs away suddenly in fear for his life, muttering an apology as he turns and leaves the giftshop.

"What did you say to him, Steven?" You ask with shock as he turns to look at you.

"Ah. Hello, Jake" you smile as he wraps an arm around you possessively.

"What, do we gotta get you a collar and a name tag?" Jake jokes, brushing your hair off your shoulder so he can run his hand over your neck.

"Me-ow," you tease, leaning up to kiss him sweetly.