14. El Amor Duele[Love Hurts][Jake Lockley]

Jake Lockley x Fem!Reader

Summary: Marc and Steven suspect there is another alter looming about as you begin to notice small mannerisms/movements that don't belong to either of them. You try and lure the new guy out.

Warning: Smut smut smut. 18+ only, Minors DNI. Choking, spit kink, slapping, safe word, rough sex, pinning of wrists and face, angst, cliffhanger if you squint real hard

 Choking, spit kink, slapping, safe word, rough sex, pinning of wrists and face, angst, cliffhanger if you squint real hard

"It wasn't me, Marc

"It wasn't me, Marc. I've been trying to tell you this for months. I'm missing time, you're missing time - and neither of us remember?" Steven said with a hushed tone, failing to hide his worried words from your earshot as he scrambled eggs on the stove.

You weren't exactly eavesdropping as you sat quietly on the couch, but you did feel guilty when you heard bits of conversations only meant for Marc or Steven.

"Honey?" You called, trying to alert him to the fact that you could hear him.

"Yeah?" He called back nervously, almost dropping his spatula. "Er, breakfast is nearly ready, dove."

"I think we should talk," You said flatly, before hearing the stove knob click as Steven shut it off. Next came the pads of his bare feet as he quickly shuffled around the couch, sitting next to you eagerly. Your words made him feel sick.

"Oh, honey, not like that," you reassured him, gently splaying your hand across his cheek with a sweet smile.

He relaxed a bit, leaning his face into your palm as he kissed it.

"So I overheard you and Marc..." You said with timid eyes as Steven looked away from you.

"Listen, it's nothing to worry about-"

"And I think you're right. I think there is someone else." You said softly, cutting him off. Steven shifted uncomfortably on the couch as he held your hands in his lap.

"There have been times... Moments... Seconds where I'm not sure who I'm looking at. Didn't seem like you or Marc. Frankly, it would make sense if there was a third," you said calmly as Steven's eyes grew more worried.