99. First Kiss

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | None

https://64.media.tumblr.com/fc891e70bab2736dba978bed9c6ec5c5/aeecfd8f62adb99c-76/s540x810/2a18293769034ca607863a98f41435151113ae59.gif

The bookstore was surprisingly packed for a random Thursday afternoon

The bookstore was surprisingly packed for a random Thursday afternoon. You'd come in for a coffee and to find a new stack of books you could work your way through in your free time. You'd convinced Steven to come with you, not wanting to go alone and willing to try any excuse to spend time with him. You knew it was silly but sometimes you'd like to pretend that you were on a date with him, rather than just a friendly outing. Sure, you could have easily admitted your feelings for him, but for some reason it felt less...something to just pretend you didn't love him.

You snapped shut the book you'd been looking at and allowed your gaze to drift over to Steven. He was finishing up at the coffee counter, chatting with the barista, a happy little smile on his face. It was just so easy to imagine he was yours, so easy to picture yourself kissing him, carding a hand through his dark curls. You wondered what it would feel like to have his lips on yours, to have them on every inch of your body. He was just so-

"Everything alright?" while you'd been lost in your little daydream fantasy, he'd walked back over and was standing in front of you. He waved his hand in front of your face as you gasped slightly, blinking away the very not-so-friendly thoughts you were just having.

"Y-yes," you nervously tried to put on a neutral expression as you took the coffee he was holding out to you. You hadn't realized he was going to get you one as well; but then again that was just the type of person - kind, caring, thoughtful, "thank you, Steven. I totally didn't expect you to get me one too."

"I wanted to," he insisted with a soft smile, gently nudging you in the direction of the books he'd been eyeing since you walked in, "come on."

You trailed after him, feeling more like a lost puppy than the one who suggested this little outing. The two of you fell into an easy rhythm of looking through the store and searching for books for each other.