150. Swan Dive

Pairing: Steven Grant x Fem!Reader x small bits of Marc Spector sprinkled in

Summary: Marc needs help training Steven for some physical combat so he can protect himself if he's ever in control of the body at the wrong time. Marc calls on an old friend, an assassin (you), that is aware of his special circumstances. Steven meets you for the first time and becomes quite smitten.

Warnings/Content: Mild language, violence/fighting, fluff, angsty moments, heavy adoration, kissing, heavy touching/grinding, suggestive content toward the end

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7d074d8adaf6dbbdafe36c94a8f11f3b/a876cfee0621baf8-6f/s540x810/fb0cb59f9be69e5ea3e911a82fa07c5fbaeab20d.gif

"I still think this is a bit ridiculous," Steven said from the mirror as Marc got dressed in the flat

"I still think this is a bit ridiculous," Steven said from the mirror as Marc got dressed in the flat. "I can hold my own... Mostly" he said, losing confidence with every word.

"Look, you're not exactly bad at fighting. You just need some help. And I can't really give you that training myself, now can I?" Marc asked with a raised eyebrow as he grabbed his things and headed out the door.

He walked into the dimly-lit building and double checked the address you'd given him. It was cold, no signage outside, mostly abandoned. He laughed, noting how you didn't like to draw attention to anything you were apart of. It was very on brand.

"You're late, Spector" you said from across the room, your voice echoing as the fluorescent lights flashed on, revealing a large gymnasium.

"I know, I'm sorry. I had a little trouble finding the place." He said with a shrug. "Cut me some slack, would ya?"

You gave him a knowing glance as you tied your hair into a ponytail and pulled on your sparring gloves.

"Ha. You must've forgotten how I operate," You quipped back, rolling your neck side to side to stretch.

Your relationship with Marc hadn't always been this cordial. You met because you were often in each other's way. It annoyed him how much faster you were, how you were always one step ahead of him.