46. 3 A.M.

Pairing: Marc Spector x Reader

Summary: What else is there to do in the dead of night when you can't sleep besides baking and dancing?

Warnings: pure fluff

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7e7cbd914b51f2ff49641c1dfc070e75/819644d800f4a696-8b/s540x810/f2cf122a7f72ef0e2831f9e283db522676d67b73.gif

Y/N cracked an egg on the rim of her mixing bowl, humming along to the melody she had on a continuous loop in her head

Y/N cracked an egg on the rim of her mixing bowl, humming along to the melody she had on a continuous loop in her head. It's the dead of night and since she couldn't sleep, her only option was to get out of bed and do something to wear her out.

Too wrapped up in her own little world, she hadn't noticed that she was not alone in the kitchen anymore. Marc had rolled over in bed to pull his lady closer to him but instead, his hand only came in contact with the cold sheets on her side of the bed. With a smile on his face, he watched in silence as she swayed her hips to whatever song she was busy humming away while she combined the ingredients needed to make brownies. Stealthy, he crossed the floor inching closer to her and once she was in arm's reach, he snaked his arms around her waist and kissed the back of her head.

"Hello to you too, mister Spector." Marc pulled her flush against his shirtless frame leaving kisses along the column of her neck.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Nope so now I'm baking, which I won't be able to keep doing if you keep kissing me like that." Marc lightly bit down on her flesh and pulled away from their embrace.

"Tease." Y/N continued mixing the batter and once it was all combined she poured it into her baking pan and popped it into the oven.

While she was cleaning up the counter Marc decided to play some music. The familiar tune of Frank Sinatra's song I love you baby filled the kitchen, bringing a smile onto her lips.

"Dance with me baby." Marc left no room for her to fight him on this one as he plucked the dishcloth from her hands and threw it to the side.

You're just too good to be true

I can't take my eyes off of you

You'd be like heaven to touch

Oh, I wanna hold you so much

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God that I'm alive

You're just too good to be true

I can't take my eyes off of you

Y/N locked her fingers at the base of his neck while he pulled her flush against his body, securing his arms around her waist. The couple gazed into each other's eyes with a matching smile on their faces while Marc gently swayed them to the beat of the music. Neither of them couldn't recall the last time they'd spent time together like this but that didn't seem to matter as they both got lost in the moment.

As the song went on, they both stole a few chased kisses here and there. Marc's smile grew wider upon hearing her bubbly laugh that escaped her as he twirled her around; he'd do anything to keep hearing that sweet sound. The song came to an end and another began to play. Y/N thought they'd finish dancing but Marc held on to her tighter to keep her close to him.

"One more song."

She couldn't say no to him so, one more song led to another and another until they both lost track of the time dancing in the middle of the kitchen. Y/N kissed him while he lowered her into a dip at the end of God knows which number song this was only to almost last on her butt at the scent of her brownies being burnt in the oven.

"Shit, the brownies!"