108. Five More Minutes

Pairing | Steven Grant x Fem!Reader

Warnings | None

https://64.media.tumblr.com/004c51d3c11834774039d5edb1d494a4/6a9a817f01fa240e-02/s540x810/672e44066b383876135d6ec106945c81853131e5.gif

There was something almost magical about waking up to the soft pitter patter of fresh rain against the window, as you were all bundled up in your warm blankets

There was something almost magical about waking up to the soft pitter patter of fresh rain against the window, as you were all bundled up in your warm blankets. You'd left the window open just a crack so the cool air could come in and it left the room in the perfect state of chilliness. You burrowed further into your pillow as you felt an arm wrap around your waist. Before you knew it, Steven was pressing soft, sleepy kisses to your shoulder.

"Good morning, my love," you sighed wistfully as you reached behind you and gently ran a hand through his messy, rogue curls. You stole a quick glance at the clock on your nightstand and groaned when you saw the time, "we have to get up soon unfortunately."

"I suppose we do," he pulled you closer into his body, tangled his legs up with yours as he murmured something about wanting to stay in bed forever. You decided to close your eyes again, even if it was just for fifteen more minutes. You watched to soak up as much of him as possible before you had to part ways with him for the day.

 You watched to soak up as much of him as possible before you had to part ways with him for the day

The alarm rang shrilly far before you were ready to get up. There was something about the gloomy, rainy weather outside that made you just want to stay in. You turned the alarm off before rolling over to pout at Steven. He was barely awake, his eyes open but blinking away the bleariness as he stifled a yawn. You took the opportunity to steal a kiss from him, letting your lips linger against his.

"Five more minutes," he pouted lightly, tangling himself up further in you. You laughed lightly but took his hand and laced your fingers together, "just five more."

"I promise you'll want more than just five," you giggled in his ear, trailing a few kisses along his jaw, "but for now, I'll settle for five more minutes. Any time spent with you is better than having to get up."

When you're wanting to do anything but get up, time seems to fly by in the blink of an eye

When you're wanting to do anything but get up, time seems to fly by in the blink of an eye. You remained still and unmoving as you laid in bed...realistically nothing would happen if you were a little late to work or just happened to take a sick day. Adults did that sort of thing...right? You decided to close your eyes and let whatever happened happen.

"Darling," he sounded just as reluctant as you to get up, but you could feel him pushing the blankets back. You remained still as you feigned sleep, "we have to get up and get going to work."

"I don't want to," you pouted at him, pulling the blankets up to your chin and scooting just out of his reach, "I'm going to stay here in my little cocoon of blankets thank you very much. I've officially decided that I am going to take a day off. I recommend you do the same, my love."

"Oh you do?" he asked, an eyebrow raised in question as you just smiled, "and just what are the reasons?"

"Look outside - it's rainy and gloomy and cold," you motioned for him to look outside as though it wasn't totally obvious, "and the bed is so warm and cuddly and it's got me in it."

"I will say that presents a very compelling argument," he agreed as he slid back under the covers, which only caused you to smile wider than a Cheshire cat. You took the opportunity to lay on top of him, tilting your head so you could kiss him softly. And just who was he to deny you? His hands found purchase on your waist as you sighed softly before lying your head on his chest.

"Isn't this better than getting up?" you asked softly before yawning and closing your eyes, "I could stay here forever and ever with you. All I ever want is you, my love."

"You're just saying that to try and get me to stay here all day," he grinned as he tenderly rubbed your back in soft, soothing circles.

"Is it working?" you opened an eye to peek at him, as he just chuckled, the sound vibrating in his chest.

"I haven't gotten up yet and I don't see myself doing so anytime soon," he leaned up lightly and nudged his nose against yours, "I suppose you've won, darling."

"You're so easily distracted," you brushed a few errant curls off of his forehead, "but I'll take whatever I can get and if that happens to be you in bed with me all day today, then that's just perfect."

"I would like to get up for just a moment before we continue this marathon of cuddling in bed," he gently slid out from under you, "bathroom and snacks and a quick call to work just so they don't think we've perished or something else."

"How very responsible of you," you sprawled out on the bed as he stood up and stretched, "want to call out for me too? Tell them I'm too sick and sleeping!"

"I..." he paused before chuckling in amusement, "I suppose I can do that. The things I do for you, darling. You really do have something about you, perhaps you're secretly a siren in disguise!"

"Most definitely not," you stuck out your tongue, "you're just a huge sap for me. Please and thank you, my love. I owe you big, big, big time. In fact...I can start making it up to you once you get back into bed."

"How...oh," his cheeks turned a brilliant shade of dark pink as you just smiled innocently, "I'll...make these calls quickly and be right back. Don't go anywhere!"

"I wasn't planning on it," you laid against the pillows, "hurry back, my love."

"Five minutes," he insisted for the second time that morning, "be back in five minutes or less!"