48. Avatars

Pairing: Marc Spector & Khonshu x F!mc/reader/Sekhmet Avatar

Warnings: Violence, swearing, Kidnapping, Tranquilizers

He's so

He's so...divine. That is the finest description I can find for Marc. Everything he does allures me, from his laugh to his blank stare. His fights. His walk. It's ironic, really, how the gods we represent were once lovers as well. Their thoughts of one another are tainted with the actions of the past, making Marc's and my ideas of each other contaminated - not that I'm complaining. Those notions have led us closer. Yes, I am probably the only one with a major crush, but still. It's fun.

"Remember the plan?" Marc questions, continuing his fast pace in front of me. The markets in Cairo are far too crowded for my liking today, my view barely reaching the stand in front of me. So many people are blocking my sense of sight, I won't be able to tell if another goddamn dog runs toward me.

I've been helping Marc and Steven on their journey through Egypt (to find Ammit's tomb before Harrow), and since my degree in Egyptian mythology and history are helpful during certain times, as well as since my right hand man is an Egyptian Goddess, I have become a valuable asset.

"I'm your wife, Sara, and you are my husband, Ali. We are away for work and left our two daughters, Aya and Dina, at home. You are working to sell merchandise at an international meeting, and I am along for the ride." I smile as we pass a strawberry stand, my mouth watering at the thought of the sweet fruit. Yum. "Sounds a bit suspicious, don't you think? You planning something, Marc?"

He turns his face backwards, eyebrows turned downwards. "What are you implying?"

I look away from him. "Well I don't know. Marriage is a very common alibi. We could've been jolly old siblings instead of lovers."

A flower stand comes into frame and I stop walking in order to smell a bundle of jasmine flowers. I pick them up and bring the arrangement to my nose. Back home, before the whole avatar plot came into my life, I used to make sure to buy flowers once a month. The first Saturday after three weeks, I would go to the flower shop a couple miles away from my apartment and pick out a new bouquet. That was a year ago. I haven't had flowers since.