18. wedding day

Marc swallowed the lump in his throat as he straightened his tie in the mirror

Marc swallowed the lump in his throat as he straightened his tie in the mirror. His breathing was uneven as he tried to steady his nerves, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

What's this all about? Steven asked him from the reflection, trying to search his worried face for answers.

Marc opened his mouth to answer, but couldn't. Unsure of the words he would use to describe how he felt anyway.

He ran a comb through his hair for the tenth time, repeating his vows in his head, all the while trying to convince himself that he was fine.

Jake cleared his throat, eyes darting around Marc's face in the mirror. What, you don't want to do this?

Marc froze, narrowing his eyes at his own reflection.

"Of course I want to do this," he scoffed. "I mean, she's perfect..." He said as he closed his eyes, sighing heavily.

What, you need me to go out there? 'Cause I'll do it. Jake quipped, causing Marc to shoot him a glare.

Give him a break, mate, he's just nervous... Marc?

"What?" Marc snapped as he was getting overwhelmed with all the extra chatter.

You can tell me what's going on, Steven said with his gentile voice.

"I don't know.. What if..." Marc's voice trailed off a moment as he considered his thoughts. "What if we're not good for her? I mean, dragging her into our lives and bringing all of this chaos with us and-"

Steven tutted his tongue against his teeth.

Marc. The fact that you're standing here, literally crippled with worry just proves that we are good for her.

She's a grown woman. She can make her own choices. And she chose us. You said it yourself, she is perfect. And if she loves us enough to marry us, well... Maybe we should trust her judgement.

Marc looked at Steven and then back to his feet. He knew he was right.

She'll be safe. And loved. Jake chimed in.

Worshipped, Steven emphasized, finally bringing a grin to Marc's face.

Marc nodded, knowing his alters were right. He cleared his throat, dusting off the front of his suit and straightening his shoulders. He grabbed the tiny golden wedding band meant for your finger, encrusted with a crescent moon and held it tightly in his palm before heading to the alter.

He crossed his arms in front of him, holding his wrist as he waited for you. The guests entered, sitting and talking amongst themselves as Marc spotted Khonshu quietly making his way to the front. Marc was amazed that he was being so respectful and careful, not disturbing anyone or anything.

Marc tensed suddenly as the organ began to play, and the doors at the end of the room opened slowly.

Then it stopped. Everything. All at once.

The music was muffled, echoing in the distance as all the people in the room seemed to disappear from Marc's line of sight.

All he could see was you.

With your pretty see-through veil covering your face, dark red roses in your hands, placing one foot in front of the other as you walked down the aisle toward him. He couldn't help but smile.

You turned to hand off your roses and when you looked back, your breath caught in your throat at the sight before you. Marc's eyes were twinkling with the way the sunlight fell down on him from the skylight above. The golden rays caught his features beautifully, showcasing his dimples and lines. His ebony waves were gelled pristinely into place, except for one stray curl that hung just by his temple. It was perfect. He was perfect.

He cleared his throat as he tried to hold back tears, not wanting to cry in front of the guests. These were your people, but now they were his too. That thought alone could make him cry. He was overwhelmed emotionally, but he knew this was where he was meant to be.

Khonshu asked you to say your vows, to which you spoke eloquently. Marc reached up to dry your eyes while you shared about how much you loved him, all of him, and how you loved the life he'd given you when he saved yours.

Marc vowed to cherish and adore you with the same ferocity you'd shown when you accepted him for who he is.

Steven vowed to love you endlessly, to never stop reading to you, and to always kiss you goodnight.

And Jake vowed to protect you with every molecule of his being until the end of time.

Khonshu motioned to you as you exchanged your rings, "Do you take these men, to be yours forever?" He asked as his voice boomed through the building.

You said "I do" so quickly that it pulled laughter from almost all of the guests. You felt your cheeks heat up in response. Marc chuckled, smiling so brightly that you thought your heart would burst.

Khonshu continued, "And do you take her-"

"I do." Marc said, cutting him off.

"I do as well."

"And I do."

Khonshu finished blessing you with all the powers of the night sky, signaling that it was time for the kiss.

Marc kissed you so desperately, as if he would've disintegrated had he waited one more minute. He held your face in his hands, marveling at your beauty and the fact that you were finally his wife.

Steven fronted long enough to tell you how absolutely stunning you look, tears glistening in his big brown eyes.

"Te quiero con todo mi corazón," Jake whispered before giving Marc back control, so he could carry you out of the building and into the white limo.

You waved to the guests as the car pulled away from the curb, rolling the windows up and sitting back against the red seats with a long sigh.

You looked over at your now husband, who was positively beaming.

"I love you, you know that?" Marc said with a smirk, grabbing your chin with his thumb and forefinger, pulling you in slowly for a kiss.

"Well, I'd hope so. You just married me," you giggled as you pushed your lips into his.

The white limo rode off into the sunset toward your destination honeymoon, with a license plate that read "SPKTR"