Chapter 3: Road Crash

Now that she is being treated so carefully by an ultra-handsome guy that was most definitely considered eye candy, her vanity was truly satisfied.

While she was getting dressed, Yun Shi Wei, who was still asleep on the bed, sleepily muttered: “Zhu Zhu, wait a bit. Second Cousin is here to help you change.”

Ruan Zhu was frightened by the sudden noise, but couldn’t help but smile after seeing that Yun Shi Wei turned and went back to sleep after he finished speaking. Yun Shi Yi also smiled: “This guy is simple-minded, if he’s not eating then he’s sleeping. We don’t have to mind him, let’s get dressed first. Oh, I should be referring to myself as ‘husband’. In a bit, this husband will style your hair in a zhuimaji and dress you up beautifully to go out.”

It’s undeniable that Yun Shi Yi is an extremely outstanding man with a handsome appearance and a gentle and warm temperament. Though it’s currently unknown how many assets he holds, but just from looking at the room’s decorations, he should be very well-off. If they were in a later generational period, who knows how many women would chase after him.

A pity that the memories in her head regarding this world aren’t complete. The majority of them were in fragments and she had no way to search for the remaining parts.

After she finished dressing, a servant boy brewed tea and carried a bowl of water for her to wash her face.

Ruan Zhu’s two personal servants are both pretty boys that came from her dowry. One of them is called Nuan Chun, the other is Nuan Qing.[a] Listening to these names, one can tell these servants have a special status. They aren’t normal servants because not only do they do the usual work and handicrafts, but at required times, they can also function as bed warmers.

Truly a comprehensive triple service.

Nuan Chun held the comb, preparing to brush his lady’s hair. Before she married, this was his duty but it’s since been stolen from him by Yun Shi Yi.

Starting from yesterday, Nuan Chun had been deprived of the privilege he’s held for many years and it was the same today, too. Nuan Chun’s eyes flashed with disappointment but he didn’t dare go against Yun Shi Yi’s directive and could only wear a respectful expression while carefully exiting the room.

Once everything was ready, a gold buyao was inserted sideways into her brushed hair…She closely examined her features in the copper mirror. What entered her eyes was the appearance of a fourteen or fifteen year old girl. The complexion was very white, coupled with an oval face; small, exquisite nose and delicate mouth; her pair of eyes resembled the bright luster of clear blue water. It was an appearance that caused others to secretly feel deep affection for her.

It wasn’t the type of appearance that would be described as a ‘calamitous beauty’ but her looks were like a white lily–pure and natural, revealing the clear elegance and cheerfulness of her body and mind.

Not bad. If this was the past life, I could have probably used this face to become a celebrity!

Having slept enough, Yun Shi Wei finally woke up and casually dressed before leaping towards Ruan Zhu to hold her. He placed a kiss on her tender, white face: “Our family’s Zhu Zhu is truly adorable and her scent is amazing too.”

He had great strength and had carelessly hugged her but it caused Ruan Zhu to feel discomfort. She could only pleadingly look at Yun Shi Yi: “Eldest Cousin…“

Yun Shi Yi came over and pushed his brother away: “Go over there. Hurry and see if the carriage is fixed yet. After we eat we still have to return for the first parental visit.”

Contrary to expectations, Yun Shi Wei was also happy and hollered out the window: “Xiao Feng, Xiao Shan, is the carriage ready yet? If not, you better hurry.”