Chapter 104

Ruan Zhu gaped at the horrendous man opposite her, confusion in her eyes: “How did you become like this?”

Liu Fei Xu grabbed his head and furrowed his brows in shame, causing the sores on his face to wrinkle into a lumpy mess. His voice came out almost like a wail: “I also don’t know what happened. Why was I infected with this strange illness?”

“Zhu’er, don’t be lead by him.” Wang Jin Yan tightly clasped his wife’s hand, revealing his disgust: “Liu Fei Xu, you are lying. Having caught such a dirty and shameful disease, you do not repent, and instead, have the nerve to try to win sympathy?”

A dirty and shameful disease! Ruan Zhu had thought he was suffering from some kind of skin infection. She knew Liu Fei Xu was outrageously debauched and had dallied with innumerable women from his activities as a flower thief and also from using the identity of Wan Zi Yu. Even the Crown Princess had become a member of his ‘women-I’ve-chased-and-conquered’ army. After many years of hunting geese, he had finally been pecked by one in his eye–wasn’t this considered karma?

“I remember that this young madam had ordered some jewelry at our Ming Xiang Cui Yu before, correct? Aiya, it is rare for this honorable guest to visit; please, come on in.” Manager Yu’s memory wasn’t particularly good, but the accessories that Ruan Zhu had custom ordered that year had left a deep impression on him. He hastily called out a greeting after deducing–from the lady’s distinguished bearing and the four unordinary bodyguards accompanying her–that a wealthy customer had arrived.

Ruan Zhu pulled on her hubby’s hand and headed inside. There was a faint thought in her mind–Ming Xiang Cui Yu was very quickly turning into a sinking ship and it was extremely likely this large clan that had been operating for several centuries had been implicated by Liu Fei Xu.

Since the beginning and even til now, Liu Fei Xu had continued to have an affair with the Crown Princess. Having caught such a shameful disease, how well could the Crown Princess be faring? And how could the Crown Prince be any better?……Liu Fei Xu had lost his mind regarding the circumstances and had also given up hope. However, if one were to only calm down and think about it, they would then clearly understand the implications. The person on the spot is baffled, the onlooker sees clear. It wasn’t strange that she was able to see through the situation better than him.

“Our two esteemed guests, this way please. These past several years, our Ming Xiang Cui Yu has added quite a few new designs. Is the young madam designing something to order or purchasing something ready-made this time? I can give the madam a twenty percent discount.” Manager Yu enthusiastically peddled his wares at Ruan Zhu.

Right at this time, Liu Fei Xu bolted inside the room and knelt down in front of Ruan Zhu, pleading: “The Eldest Miss of the Ruan clan, I know you are the imperial consort of both His Highnesses the Prince of Qi and the Prince of Yong, who runs Hua Nong Ying Glass Workshop that is as wealthy as a nation, and also controls the largest intelligence network in this country. Even the Crown Prince is extremely apprehensive of all of you because of your skills and strength. Eldest Miss, I am asking you to please look at our history of being acquaintances and lend this small commoner some assistance with great compassion and mercy!”

Liu Fei Xu prostrated himself with both hands and repeatedly kowtowed while his tears, mucus, and the pus from the sores on his destroyed face dribbled onto the ground.

Ruan Zhu backed up two steps in disgust. Anger suddenly rising, she retorted: “Please clean your mouth. When was I ever your acquaintance? Don’t mistake another’s intentions and fail to differentiate good from bad. Ma Ping, go over and slap his mouth for me.”

As soon as he heard her words, the imperial bodyguard made to go over! But Wang Jin Yan had already become unable to restrain his anger and furiously shouted: “Shameful thing!” When Ruan Zhu had been molested, he had wanted to kill Liu Fei Xu after discovering he was the perpetrator. But who knew the other’s legs would be so fast in running towards the Crown Prince’s official residence?