Chapter 99

The lotus seeds reached maturity in the ninth lunar month. Nuan Chun paddled a small boat atop Bi Qing pond towards the lotuses and picked them one by one, placing them next to him.

Freshly-picked lotus seeds were very sweet and because they were full of moisture, each bite would be soft.

He wanted to wait until the evening meal to simmer and bring out a bowl of lotus seed soup as Eldest Miss had a special liking for fresh lotus seeds.

Ruan Zhu sat inside Shui Xie Ark. She was currently planning on transforming her high-tech demonstration field into Tian Chu’s Department of Agriculture. It was best to establish an animal husbandry school next to it that specialized in recruiting talented children as students.

But only thinking wouldn’t do. Wanting to expand; wanting to do well–both of these endeavors still required the support of the emperor.

It was impossible for her to write a memorial towards the emperor as she wasn’t even clear on how to do so. Although she had entered college in her past life and her literacy level could be considered not bad, her skill in classical Chinese was pretty much the same as a child of this era.

Even after frowning for a while in bitter concentration, she had only managed to squeeze out a few intact sentences. But as long as she wrote her plan down colloquially, she could wait until tonight when Zong Zhi had returned from the barracks and have him modify it into classical Chinese.

When she had finally finished everything, she walked out of the pavilion and stretched. From afar and among the greenery, she saw a white figure that looked especially clean and fresh, with a pure air around him that made him very eye-catching.

Nuan Chun piloted the small boat back and forth across the pond as he searched for quality lotus seeds and unexpectedly caught sight of his lady in Shui Xie Ark.

“Eldest Miss!” He smiled as he waved his hand before rowing the boat towards her.

Ruan Zhu held onto the hand he stretched out and jumped onto the boat. The outstretched hand was firm and really warm, causing her to become absent-minded for a split second. Since the beginning, he had always been like an older brother who took care of her, cherished her, and was steadfastly loyal. She could no longer continue to let him suffer.

“Eldest Miss, these are fresh lotus seeds. Wait for me to simmer some porridge for you tonight; it will be very delicious.”

Standing in a pile of lotus seeds, she lowly said: “Nuan Chun, sail the boat to among the lotuses. I want to kiss you.”

Nuan Chun was in shock and stuttered: “El……Eldest Miss…….”

“Don’t say any of your nonsense. Are you not willing?” After saying that, Ruan Zhu felt bashful. Why did it seem like she wanted to ** the other?

“Wil……willing…….” Nuan Chun’s ears immediately turned red and he no longer held himself back as he spit out his consent. The Heavens knew how full of expectation he was. Looking at her with his eyes full of tenderness, he paddled the boat towards the depths of the lotuses.

They were surrounded on all four sides by plants. The green jade-like scenery exuded their sweet and strong fragrance, so concentrated, it was like an enchantment from another world had wrapped up the small boat.

Ruan Zhu threw herself into his arms and raised her head, offering her red lips.

Having experienced this before, Nuan Chun was no longer flustered. Because he was taller than her by a head, his instinct was to hold her close as he lowered his head and aimed for that captivating mouth. Poking the tip of his tongue between her lips, a sweetness tinged with the woman’s fragrance seeped into him and he became bewitched in a flash.