Chapter 29

“Isn’t this a social party for the upper echelons of society?” Ruan Zhu did not quite understand. How could these arrogant and wealthy nobility be able to endure having a courtesan also attend?

“He is a musician.” Yu Lian Hua was not stupid and could hear Ruan Zhu’s suspicions. She thought Ruan Zhu had insulted her heart’s idol thus coldly rebuked her. This was actually the first time she had the courage to do this sort of thing as ordinarily, she wouldn’t dare say anything that would contradict and offend this Goddess of Wealth.

What a groupie! Ruan Zhu smiled, her red lips slightly pursed. She held a cup of fruit wine in front of her for a small sip. But if in her past life someone had dared to speak badly of Keanu Reeves, she would also be like this.

Suddenly, a sound rang out and a woman of the ultimate beauty stood up for a few words. She should be the organizer of this party. “I am indebted to everyone for honoring me in attending this banquet. I have always heard that Mister Liu’s skill with the guqin is incomparable. I don’t know whether it is possible for our ears to be blessed with a song?”

“That woman is the prefectural magistrate’s wife.” Yu Lian Hua timely spoke up.

Ruan Zhu almost spit out the mouthful of wine she had sipped. She remembered that when she had returned from Yun manor with her husbands, the flower thief situation had caused the entire city to be in an uproar and multiple people were stuck outside the city walls underneath the scorching sun. She had heard that the flower thief had snuck into the prefectural magistrate’s bedroom when the latter had just prepared for a lovely evening, knocked him out, threw him under the bed, and then made love with his wife.

The flower thief was truly too daring, but since he had the courage to pick flowers everywhere, he must be more outstanding than others. How could he possibly be captured?

She sized up the prefectural magistrate’s Madam. Her figure was rather curvy, with shiny white skin, picturesque facial structure, fluid eyes that roamed around, possessing a very lovely and moving air. On her lower half, she wore a pale red long skirt embroidered with tree peonies and a light muslin jacket on her upper body. The collar was wide open, revealing a plunging neckline, and the men’s eyes all rather straightforwardly stared lustfully at her dewy cleavage.

She was indeed a stunner, an extraordinarily beautiful woman. No wonder the flower thief would prostrate himself under her pomegranate skirt. It also made sense why the prefectural magistrate would fly into such a rage after eating such a large vat of vinegar. Ruan Zhu moved her eyes away but saw that Liu Fei Xu actually sat beside the prefectural magistrate’s Madam.

Upon seeing a beautiful woman, it seemed this Mister Peacock would become deranged.

Lu Piao Xiang unhurriedly nodded his head, exposing a smile that could ruin a city: “If so, a humble performance will begin.” Towards the two women at his side: “Trouble these two personages to step aside for a bit. You will hinder my playing,”

The Madam of the prefectural magistrate glanced at the two of them and they left, embarrassed.

Lu Piao Xiang picked up a package from his side and carefully unwrapped it, revealing a simple and unadorned guqin. He unhurriedly placed the instrument horizontally on his lap as everyone watched with rapt attention. A short while later, his ten slender fingers gently stroked the strings, starting a beautiful tune.

The sound of the guqin was as soft as moonlight, creating a poetic and picturesque landscape as if one was in a dreamlike fantasy. A peaceful and empty mountain that had just encountered rain was still silent. Limpid and clear water babbled as it trickled down from cracks in the mountain stones, gradually gathering in the spring lake in the middle of the valley. Time traveled slowly, yet also sometimes traveled fast, and the clear sound of flowing water remained……