Chapter 80

Ruan Zhu watched as the magistrate’s daughter walked into the inn with Wei Jia, her heart itching terribly. If she did not personally go witness such an interesting affair with her own eyes after running across it, she would regret it at night in her dreams. “Nuan Chun, wait in the carriage while I go take a look.”

Nuan Chun showed his disapproval: “Eldest Miss, forgive this slave for speaking out of turn, but going to the inn may bring danger upon Eldest Miss.” He did not know the details but could tell just by looking that an unusual event was going to take place.

“You also saw it–some of the imperial bodyguards from our residence are inside. Behind the carriage are also the shadows that His Higness sent. What can an insignificant Zhao Hai do to me?”

Ruan Zhu gave an embarrassed smile and reached out to pat him on the shoulder. Ever since he had been allowed to enter the bedroom to attend to her, he had energetically started to strengthen his body. During this time, muscles had formed and he was now quite sturdy.

“This slaves wishes to follow Eldest Miss.” Insistence was all over Nuan Chun’s face. If there was any danger, he would stake his life to protect her.

“Follow if you wish!” Ruan Zhu deflated.

See–one could not treat servants too kindly as now they even refuse to listen to their master’s words! There were still advantages to a strict feudal social hierarchy.

Pushing the carriage door aside, she stepped out and gave a backwards glance. The two imperial bodyguards that Xuanyuan Zong Zhi had assigned to protect her were following behind at a distance that was not far.

She pretended as if she hadn’t seen them and made to enter the inn with Nuan Chun.

Who could have imagined that before she had even reached the entrance, she would be shocked to a halt by a peal of laughter in the street.

Ruan Zhu turned her head yet saw the dashing figure of her husband Xuanyuan Zong Zhi atop a tall Malaysian horse holding a small child in his arms. Behind him was Nangong Xun and an entire squadron of imperial bodyguards, forming a distinctive array on the bustling street.

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi dismounted and little Zhi Xi sweetly called out:

“Ma, hug, hug……”

“Big Brother Lu, why did you also bring Zhi Xi here?” Ruan Zhu withdrew from the entrance of the inn and took her son into her arms. Perhaps because his father was not present, Zhi Xi was very fond of and clung tightly to Xuanyuan Zong Zhi. He clearly should call Xuanyuan Zong Zhi ‘Third Father’ yet the little guy stubbornly always left out the first word. If Yun Shi Yi were to know his own son favored an outsider instead of him, how depressed would he be?

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi loved Zhi Xi dearly and also even frequently brought him along to the training grounds when he was drilling soldiers. Using his words–if one had a strong and courageous hero for a father, the son would indeed become and general in the future, and everything must start from a young age.

Start, my butt! At that time, she had replied such. Zhi Xi in the future would inherit the Yun clan’s businesses and would be a businessman.

“I brought him out to play. Children must come out and see the world; how many prospects could he possibly have from always staying in the residence?” Xuanyuan Zong Zhi’s face was full of righteousness: “I still have not asked you yet, hmm? What did you run here for without any rhyme or reason? If you were to meet with danger, what would you do?”

“Aren’t you here?” Ruan Zhu gave him an embarrassed smile, then tried to curry favor: “I just knew this kind of matter could not do without your honorable presence.”