Chapter 74

Ruan Zhu stood up from the stone bench. Her legs were a little numb, and she conveniently snuggled against Yun Shi Wei’s chest; his two large hands fastening around her.

She sized him up. This man with such a tall and sturdy figure–presently, one could not tell at all, but with time, he would become a man whose limit was the sky; a man with the courage to accept the consequences of his actions. At that time, he may not necessarily be too far off from Yun Shi Yi and Xuanyuan Zong Zhi; she would just wait and see.

A gentle smile formed on Ruan Zhu’s mouth. Standing on tiptoe, she raised her head and pressed a kiss against his lips.

Yun Shi Wei’s eyes were full of love and he returned her kiss for a while: “Spouse, it’s gotten colder. I’ll send you back to your room.”

With a hoist of his two arms, he horizontally carried his wife and stepped towards the path leading outside the garden. At this time, distant sounds transmitted over. Carefully listening, it turned out Nuan Chun and Nuan Qing were in some sort of dispute over by the withered flowering bushes.

Yun Shi Wei thought it was strange. Softening his footsteps, he walked a little closer and saw Nuan Qing kneeling on the ground with disheveled clothes, crying so hard his tears and mucus overlapped. While he cried, he seemed to be begging Nuan Chun for something.

Nuan Zhun stood opposite him and had turned his head away with disgust on his face.

Underneath a cotton rose hibiscus tree a few steps away from them was a faint outline of a naked woman who was currently throwing clothes on top of herself in a hurry.

Nuan Chun pointed at the kneeling Nuan Qing, castigating: “You shameless person actually dared to do this sort of disgusting thing. And you are still Eldest Miss’s bedwarmer; truly too brazen!”

“Big Brother Nuan Chun, begging you to let me go this once. If this matter is spread and Eldest Miss finds out, I will be too ashamed to live.”

“Fancy that you still have the face to bring up Eldest Miss. At that time when your entire family had fled from a famine to Yu Zhou, if it wasn’t for Master being kind and offering you shelter, you would have long starved to death by the roadside. The year you turned ten, you were so ill you almost died. Even your mother and father were not willing to spend money to save you; it was Eldest Miss that spent silver to invite a physician to bring you back to life. From childhood to now, the things we ate, wore, used–which one of those were not the best? The monthly rewards have only ever increased and have never lessened before. When you could not use all of it, you also sent some home and even your parents and brothers have followed you in having hope. But you, hmm? You have the heart of a wolf and the lungs of a dog.”

Nuan Chun and Nuan Qing’s relatives had been taken by Ruan Zi Xu to Lan Zhou to open shops. Ruan Zi Xu had gone north to Mongolia to purchase horses, thus the shops and workers had been placed under Yun Shi Yi to manage. If Nuan Qing’s parents knew that his son, as the Eldest Miss’s bedwarmer, had done such a lascivious matter to bring disgrace to their family, they would surely go mad with anger.

“I know, I am not a person and I do not have a conscience, but if this matter really were to be spread outside, the ending for me and the wet nurse is to be drowned in a pool of water. Big Brother Nuan Chun, Big Nuan Chun, I am begging you……” Nuan Qing loudly wailed. He crawled a few steps forward and hugged Nuan Chun’s legs: “Us brothers have grown up together; you also do not want to see Little Brother die such a horrid death, right!”

Nuan Chun’s voice unconsciously became softer: “Even if Eldest Miss does not have you drowned based on the many years of service, but then I am baffled. After having done such a shameless thing, how could you have the face to continue living?”