Chapter 100

“No matter what, aren’t we are still considered old friends? Why are you ignoring me?” Without regard for anyone else, Liu Fei Xu walked inside Mei Yan Ying Ying Chu and looked everything over, admiration in his eyes: “This is such an interesting store. I have been here a few times before, but what a pity that there are limits to what could be bought.”

“You may purchase a few more pieces, but after you’ve done so, leave at once. I don’t wish to see you here.”

Peacock Liu knew his reputation hadn’t been that good these past two years but he had shamelessly become used to it: “Cough cough……You shouldn’t listen to the gossip outside. Actually, I am very innocent; I’m a good man.”

“What is the meaning of this, Mister Liu? Whether you are a good man or not–what does that have to do with me? When one is doing business, one must be amiable and understand the thoughts of each customer. You are obstructing my business. Don’t tell me I am not even allowed to speak out?”

“Presently, it seems I am the only customer in the store so your desire to please your patrons should have nothing to do with me. The majestic Princess of Qi should be restrained in this matter.”

“How did you know?” She didn’t seem to have revealed her identity in front of him before.

“You caused havoc in You Xiang Pavilion and sent Madam Huang to prison. How could I not know?”

“My apologies to have offended your close friend.”

“No matter!” Liu Fei Xu shrugged his shoulders and unconsciously added: “Wouldn’t it be fine if you became my companion?”

Ruan Zhu’s expression became chilly: “If you are here as a joke, the door is over there; kindly leave.” While saying this, she also instructed a salesperson to properly store away the clothes she had just brought in before directing an assistant: “Xiao Lu Zi, attend to this customer. I am going to rest for a bit.”

Ruan Zhu didn’t even glance at Peacock Liu as she strode to the back of the store. Pushing aside the door revealed a wide courtyard……Like other shops, the rear courtyard of Mei Yan Ying Ying Chu provided lodgings for the staff and a place to rest for the owner.

The helper sweeping the floor saw that their master had arrived and carried over freshly brewed aromatic tea with prominent humbleness.

Ruan Zhu waved her hand to let him withdraw and sat on the sofa, taking a sip of the tea and also pulling over some account ledgers for a look. One couldn’t tell just from looking that Yu’er, that lass, was actually quite earnest in her work for the handwriting in the ledgers were careful and neat. After all, she was a merchant’s child and had been exposed to these things since small so maintaining an accounts book was extremely familiar and easy.

The room echoed with the sound of the door opening. Ruan Zhu thought the person who had entered was Ruan Yu and spoke without looking: “You finished watching everything so fast?” Not hearing a reply, she lifted her eyes yet actually saw Peacock Liu. Her expression immediately changed: “Who allowed you to enter?”

Liu Fei Xu replied naturally: “The door wasn’t locked so I walked in.”

Ruan Zhu coldly stared at the uninvited guest. The rear courtyard was considered her home, okay? Could it be that leaving a door unlocked meant anyone could just let themselves in? If so, why hadn’t she seen him barging inside the imperial palace? “What about the guard?” She didn’t believe the guard would randomly allow people to enter without first obtaining her permission.

“Your family’s servant is not suitable for fights. He fainted after I lightly tapped him.”

“Kindly leave!” So there were still this kind of shameless man in Tian Chu! Loathing couldn’t help but to rise in Ruan Zhu’s heart and she moved her eyes away from him as she raised her cup for a sip.