Chapter 36

Yun Shi Yi looked towards the frail body lying unconscious on the bed. A cold feeling that was hard to withstand suddenly penetrated into his bone marrow. At the same time, an extreme fear loomed in his mind.

He couldn’t let her continue to bleed like this. What could he do? He used a towel to wipe the blood on her □ and then frantically looked through their bags for ning xiang lu. This ointment was separated into two types–the blue was used to reduce swelling, and he had used it on her before, while the red was used to stop bleeding.

He finally found the red one and removed the cork. Spreading it on his fingers, he separated her thighs and inserted his fingers inside. After a while, the flow of blood decreased.

His tight brows somewhat loosened, and his fingers once again scooped up some ointment and spread it inside her.

Ning xiang lu was the panacea of the imperial clan and its value was in several thousand taels. He had spent quite a bit of effort to obtain one set from a person of high rank, but if it could cure her, he would not hesitate one bit to use it all.

It was only at this moment that he discovered he was naked from head to toe. Putting on the clean clothes that Nuan Chun had placed at the head of the bed, he then dressed his wife in soft women’s pajamas and brushed her messy hair that was splayed over the pillow. Glancing at the still pale complexion, his heart twisted as if a large boulder was pressing down on him.

He wasn’t sure how long after until he heard the sound of footsteps on the staircase. It seemed the person was in a hurry, loudly stamping on the steps so that the noise echoed–dong dong.

“Why is it only one person?” Yun Shi Yi’s forehead wrinkled a little. He abruptly felt his brother was hateful–he had told him to do such a little matter yet he couldn’t do it right!

Yun Shi Wei’s yell suddenly came from outside: “The physician is here.”

Yun Shi Yi walked to the door and pushed it open, and saw Yun Shi Wei walk in with an old and gray-haired man on his back.

“Why all the rush? Yes, you, running through the streets like that during the middle of the night while carrying this old one, causing these old bones to become all scattered.” The elderly physician resentfully prattled as he got off Yun Shi Wei’s back and staggered in the direction of the bed. “Is this the patient that requires treatment? Let me see, en, looks like she’s still breathing so she shouldn’t be dead.”

Yun Shi Yi saw that the physician was an elderly man with dim eyes where even walking required strenuous effort. At such an old age, Yun Shi Yi feared the man’s memory and mind was not clear. How could he feel reassured letting this man treat his wife?

He coldly looked towards his own brother.

Yun Shi Wei hurriedly explained: “I asked the inn’s assistant before I left. This physician’s medical skills are very good. I went to the medical hall but there was no one there so then I went to his house and dragged him off his bed.”

“Young man, you still have the gall to say this? You smashed my door and made a mad dash here, really without manners. This old one is telling you now–you’ve gone and snatched me here and I can let it be, but you have to pay me double to compensate for my broken door.” The old physician continued muttering to himself as he reached the bed.

“You can rest assured, old man. As long as you can cure my wife, don’t mention a door, even if you want my life, I’d give it to you.” Yun Shi Wei quickly moved a chair over for him to sit.

“What does this old man want your life for? This old man wants money.” The physician replied irritably.

Yun Shi Yi walked over and bowed respectfully to the old man: “May this esteemed one feel her pulse. If the treatment is successful, this humble one is willing to richly thank this esteemed one.”