Chapter 20: Meeting Mister Peacock Again

Yun Shi Yi lightly touched his wife’s skin, distress apparent in his eyes: “That scoundrel actually dared to do this to you. Right now, Wife must be in a lot of pain?”

Ruan Zhu weakly smiled: “These bruises are nothing. It’s just that it hurts terribly inside.” Her inner areas were shallow but their shafts were long. Every time they had intercourse, Yun Shi Yi would pay attention to this point, but Yun Shi Wei was a rash one and invariably would act recklessly.

“This husband will apply medicine for Wife.” Yun Shi Yi opened up a dark chest on the side table, rummaging for a moment before finding a refined porcelain bottle. Undoing the seal, a fragrant medical scent assailed her nose. He separated her legs, dabbing his finger into the ointment before inserting it inside her……

A refreshing sensation trickled from his fingertips and the originally throbbing pain faded away. Although the two of them had been intimate multiple times before, she still flushed red from his touches and obvious tenderness.

He withdrew his fingers from inside her. Smearing his fingers again with the ointment, this time he spread it on her skin.

“This ointment definitely isn’t an ordinary product, so it’s such a pity to use it. These bruises on my body will also disappear in a few days even without applying medicine.” Ruan Zhu was accustomed to being poor from her previous life and couldn’t bear to see items being squandered. At this moment, she wasn’t aware that this was the correct way to use the ointment and that this product was also what Tian Chu was most famous for. Its value was worth thousands of gold, similar to ning lu xiang.[a] If she was to know all of this, there was no doubt that she’d spit up blood in shock.

“No matter how good the ointment is, it will never compare to how important Wife’s body is.” Yun Shi Yi spread ning lu xiang over all the bruises on her body. Once he was done, he picked her up into his arms: “Wait for a bit while the ointment seeps into your skin before lying back down on the bed.”

“I’m not that fragile.”

“That won’t do. Nurse your body well first. These two days, don’t worry about the household affairs. Just let the steward manage it. After all, it was him that had manged it all previously. If you ever feel that something is not appropriate or right, just simply instruct him to redo it.”

The residence’s Steward Wang was someone sent over by Master Yun and did things with extreme care. However, he was equally bad–he loved to drink and gamble and also loved bragging to all who would hear. Drinking and gambling could let other people feel irritated but talking big didn’t mean anything. No matter which direction one blows, it wasn’t possible to blow cows up into the Heavens.[b] Ruan Zhu’s impression of this man was just so-so, but it was inappropriate for her to say anything as she had entered the estate after him.

She remembered the matter from this morning: “Is there a problem with your work?”

She didn’t really understand how to do business. Actually, she had studied business studies[c] in university in her past life, but she had croaked not long after classes started so was unable to help him.

“It’s all right. Just take care of eating and sleeping well. Nurturing yourself to be white and plump is the biggest help you can give to this husband.” He genuinely did have problems with work, but he didn’t want her to also have to worry. From childhood, his father had taught him that being the master of the house meant having to shoulder the heavy responsibilities of supporting the household. No matter how difficult and painstaking outside matters were, one should and must not lose their temper in front of one’s wife and children.

After a while, Yun Shi Yi placed Ruan Zhu on the bed. He ordered the servants to take the food on the table to the kitchen to be reheated and then ate a few dishes with his wife.