Chapter 69

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi carried his wife back to Wang You Hall and carefully placed her down on the bed. The trauma from the premature birth last year still lingered in his mind and he worriedly said: “How about I send word to Imperial Physician Zhang to come to the residence to give you an examination?”

Ruan Zhu’s face was pale: “It’s just nausea; don’t make it into a big matter. Bring over a few of the strawberries and hawthorns for me to eat and I’ll be fine.”

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi instructed Qu Gao to bring over the fruits and lifted one to her lips: “In the future, don’t squabble with these slaves. It does no good to our independent baby and the enormous amount of things can be dealt with once I come back.”

Ruan Zhu frowned while eating: “I am afraid today’s matter has offended the Empress Dowager.”

Ruan Yu’s words that day were still in her ear–Lu Piao Xiang is the Fifth Prince; His Highness, the Prince of Qi, Xuanyuan Zong Zhi.

Ruan Zhu had heard the servants discussing this title before, but she forgot it as soon as she heard it. This prince and that prince–there were too many of them in the imperial family, and anyway, whoever controlled the country had not a single thing to do with her. But now it seems that things have changed and her fate was now inseparably linked with the fates of the imperial family.

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi did not take it seriously and smiled: “Offense or not, the Empress Dowager is someone you do not need to be concerned with. Just let me handle this. I won’t say anything else, but it is urgent you are bestowed with the title of ‘Princess’ without delay. With the correct title, you will then be able to stand confidently before others.”

“I know that my status is low. If it is difficult, forget about it. In any case, the title is not something I value.” How much of the complicated internal affairs of the imperial family could she understand? Rather than entering that place and become all covered with dirt, wouldn’t it be better to just stay a commoner? In comparison, she valued the rather simple lifestyle she had before where there was no war and there were not nearly as many worries.

“Eating too many fruits is not good for your stomach. In a bit, I will have the kitchen serve up some main dishes and you can choose however much you want to eat.” Xuanyuan Zong Zhi indicated for a palace eunuch to take the fruit plate away.

The palace eunuchs had served their Master for a very long time and could understand with just one glance. Bending their waists, they then complied with what their Master had ordered.

Ruan Zhu had not yet eaten enough and helplessly looked on as the plate of fruit was taken away. She thought: Why was Xuanyuan Zong Zhi the same as Yun Shi Yi to even restrict snacks?

Her first husband’s gentle demeanor and ** slid into her thoughts, and her eyes filled with longing. It has been half a year since he left, right? Who knows how he was doing now? She had received several letters already. They all said that everything was fine and for her to be at ease, but how exactly was she supposed to do that?

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi knew his wife’s mind had flown away again. Leaning over, he placed a kiss on her lips and stretched a hand into her lapel to hold one of her plump mounds, causing a ** and limp sort of feeling to circulate through their blood vessels and spreading through his entire body. His deep eyes gradually became misty and filled with desire.

Ever since she had gotten ill, he had patiently endured, and this was quite an unlikely feat for a robust man in his prime. However……”Lord Husband, I am pregnant, hmm?” She whispered a reminder.

“I have asked Imperial Physician Zhang, and as long as we are more careful during the act and pay attention to the depth, there will be no problems.”