Chapter 75

Ruan Zhu moved to the doorway. Calling for someone to extract the socks stuffed in the wet nurses’s mouth, she asked her: “Since you have been breastfeeding Zhi Xi for so long, what other unfinished business do you have? If there are issues with money, perhaps I can help a little.”

The wet nurse had obtained fresh air and gulped it down in large breaths then laid on the ground in kowtow: “Begging niangniang to spare this slave’s life and keep this slave’s hands and feet safe. Even if imprisoned for a lifetime, this slave is willing.” She calculated in her heart: Wait for the Crown Prince to ascend the throne and has exterminated the Prince of Qi’s family and followers. Then it will precisely be her day of freedom.

Ruan Zhu’s expression was firm: “If there was only the charge of having an affair, perhaps I could let you go. But all of your words and actions are ones that demand my life. How could I possibly let off a person who wishes to kill me?”

The wet nurse’s eyes were so wide they practically bulged and became filled with a bit of malevolence: “I breastfed your son for so long but you still want to heartlessly kill me. Your heart is so black. Do you not fear retribution?”

So angry her face was tinged with green, Ruan Zhu snapped towards a palace eunuch: “Plug her mouth and shut her in the woodshed.”

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi’s eyes were as if a fire had been lit: “Why bother? Nangong, quickly dispose of the wet nurse and drag the corpse outside the city to feed wild dogs.” His eyes fell on the wet nurse and he coldly stated: “Your courage is not small to dare curse members of this prince’s family. Originally, this prince was going to kill just you but now the plan has changed. Your entire family will die. This prince has heard that your several husbands are currently serving the Crown Prince as imperial bodyguards. This prince will tell you now–not a single one of them will be able to stay alive.”

The wet nurse became crazy: “If you dare to move, the Crown Prince will definitely not let you go. You and your family will all definitely be killed by the Crown Prince.”

A sinister look flashed on Xuanyuan Zong Zhi’s face. He had Yun Shi Wei take their wife back into the room and waited until the two had entered. Closing the door in passing, he paused for the palace eunuch to stuff the wet nurse’s mouth……His hand grasped the Zhan Lu sword at his waist and slid it out of its sheath. With a wave of his hand, two rays of light flashed; the wet nurse gave a muffled groan as she flopped onto the ground, her two arms now separate from her torso.

“Drag her to feed the dogs.”

Xuanyuan Zong Zhi icily uttered a sentence. Zhan Lu sword returned to his sheath, he turned and entered the room. Stepping to the bedroom, he saw his pale-faced wife being held by Yun Shi Wei on the bed and distress couldn’t help but emerge in his heart.

Qu Gao and He Gua came over to remove his armor and properly store away the Zhan Lu sword before bringing over a clean set of leisurely clothes for their master.

After Xuanyuan Zong Zhi had washed his hands, he sat down at the head of the bed: “You are with child and must take care. Having been tired for this long, you ought to rest a bit. You can just hand over these small trifles for us men to handle.”

Worry flashed in Ruan Zhu’s eyes: “Has the Crown Prince been acting a little abnormally during this period? Such as using some incredible method to expand his strength?”

A smile emerged on Xuanyuan Zong Zhi’s face: “I am also expanding my strength. There is no need for you to be concerned. Your man is not so weak where even protecting one’s wife and child cannot be done.”

Distress that was hard to make sense of flit across Ruan Zhu’s eyes: “The Crown Prince’s side has surely used a peculiar method that has never been used before. For example, the strength of their intelligence has increased, the army is currently conducting very strange drills, and new kinds of military weapons are currently being researched?”