Chapter 10

Arianna

She looked at me and froze.

She had ocean blue eyes and blonde hair, that ended at her mid waist. Overall, she looked beautiful.

She was staring at me. On looking properly, I realized she was staring into space. She was in her own thoughts. I didn't know what to do. Should I introduce myself first? But the one thing, I don't understand is, why is everyone shocked to see me?

Did they not know about me? But again, how did I end up in an orphanage? Did they leave me in the orphanage? Didn't they want me back? Is that why everyone is rude to me?

I was thinking about all this, the questions I needed answers for. That's when I heard someone's throat clearing, bringing me out of my thoughts. I realized,  just like her, I had been staring into space.

When I broke out of my thoughts and looked at her, I noticed she was already looking at me with..... Guilt?

But before I could properly read her expression, she averted her eyes to the ground. She, then looked at me and smiled warmly.

"Hi! I am Angelina. Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts. I didn't mean to stare.", she said, looking a little apologetic at the end.

She had a warm smile on her face and that relaxed my nerves. She looked like a person, anyone could get comfortable with. Unlike the others in the room. She looked at me and chuckled.

"Will you not introduce yourself?", she asked.

I realized I had not introduced myself. I've been slipping into my thoughts too much after coming here. Or maybe, no one spoke to me before I came here, so I was always in my own thoughts.

"Hello, I'm Arianna.", I replied with a smile. 

"Nice to meet you, Arianna.", she smiled.

"Oh, did you meet the others?", she asked and looked at the guys.

They didn't reply, so I said, "Y-Yeah".

She looked at me and back at them. Vince was observing us calmly, Theo had a small smile on his face and the other three looked completely unbothered.

"Good morning, everyone.", she greeted them.

"Good morning", Vince, Theo and Ace greeted back.

"Morning", Ash said in a bored tone.

"You're late, brat.", Dylan glared.

If that glare was directed at me, I would've ran to the hills by now. It didn't look menacing, but it will surely scare me anytime, if he chooses to glare at me. But Angelina seemed unaffected. Instead she smiled and said,

"I'm not late, Dyl. You're early.". Dylan scoffed at that.

She then looked at me and smiled, "Let's have breakfast. Why don't you take a seat!".

She was walking to the table and I was going to follow her. She seems to be a nice person. At least better than everyone else in the room. So, it's better to sit beside her.

As I was going to follow her, she stopped and looked at me.

"Arianna, you can sit opposite to Theo. It's vacant.", she said. The seat she mentioned was to the right of Vince and opposite to Theo's.

I don't know why but I suddenly felt the temperature of the atmosphere drop. It felt like there was a huge tension in the air. I don't know why.

Saying so, she walked and sat beside Ashton. I don't know why but I could feel a huge tension in air. 

Vince's aura seemed more cold now. Theo's smile vanished and he looked angry, which he masked quickly, now having a blank expression. Dylan, however, didn't mask his anger. He was furious and was glaring at Angelina. Ace looked angry too. Ashton was glaring at the glass of water in front of him.

 All of them looked scary!

But Angelina was very calm. She wasn't smiling, but neither was she looking scared. She just had a blank expression. 

Just then Sofia walked in with a tray. Where was she all this time? I don't know. I was too engrossed in making introductions that I didn't notice where she was all this time. As soon as she spotted Angelina, she stopped in her tracks. She looked at Angelina, then at the empty seat, right to Vince's. She frowned and then looked at me. She looked confused, but didn't move from her spot.

"Good morning, Miss Sofia.", Angelina greeted her with a small smile.

"Good morning, Miss", Sofia greeted back with a confused smile.

"Arianna, why don't you take your seat quickly. Miss Sofia makes great pancakes, you'll love them.", she said with a smile.

I gave her a small smile and nodded. I felt really uncomfortable. Something seems wrong, but I can't point it out. What made the atmosphere of the room change so suddenly.

"Miss Sofia, please serve the breakfast, Dyl's really hungry.", Angelina said and smiled at Dylan.

"Why are you still standing? Come and sit.".

I walked slowly to the chair next to Vince's. Before I could sit, Dylan banged his fist on the table, glared at me and walked away. I flinched at the loud sound and also at his glare.

Ace stood up and followed him out, looking angry as well. Ash glared at Angelina and walked out too.

I just stood there, not knowing what to do. 

What in the world is going on?

"Arianna, sit down.", Vince said in his usual cold voice.

He scares me. So, I opted to sit a chair away from him on the right. I can't sit next to him, not when something seems wrong. I don't want to be at the receiving end of their anger. Angelina looked at me and frowned,

"Why don't you sit nex-"

Before she could complete her statement, Vince cut her off,

"Let's eat breakfast, Angelina. We can talk later.", he said with a blank expression, but his voice was colder than usual and held a warning that sent chills down my spine. I don't know if Angelina was as affected as me, but she did go quiet after that.

Sofia served us breakfast and we ate silently. The pancakes, as Angelina said, were really amazing, but the tension in the room didn't allow me to enjoy the taste.

After a while, Vince put his fork and knife down, wiped his mouth and cleared his throat,

"Arianna, let's discuss rules.".

**********************************************************************

So, here is the next chapter.

How was the chapter?

What is your opinion on Arianna?

What is your opinion on Angelina?

What do you think got the brothers so riled up?

Please vote, comment and follow.

Yours lovingly, 

Author.