Chapter 86

Third Person POV

Days were passing by normally for the Marinos.

Ash was still recovering but otherwise everything went to the normal routine.

There were still a few days for the start of the winter break.

It was a Saturday evening and everyone were busy planning their winter break, especially since they were going to spend it in Italy.

Except the eldest two, of course.

Angelina was sitting on the window sill, leaning on the huge window, staring at a small piece of paper.

Arianna gently opened the door and walked into the room.

"Hey, did you complete your drawing assignment?", Aria asked, walking towards Angel.

"Yeah.", Angel replied, a little distracted.

Aria looked at the paper in her sister's hand and sighed.

She walked towards the window and sat on the window sill, facing Angel.

"How long will you stare at that paper?", Aria asked.

"Why did he leave so suddenly?", Angel asked in a low voice.

"He might have been in some hurry and you already knew that he was going to leave after a month .", Aria said gently.

"Yes, I knew it, Anna. But he could have at least said a bye personally. Why did he leave without even saying anything?", Angel asked with a slight frown, looking at her sister.

Aria took Angel's free hand in hers and gently squeezed it.

"We don't know his side of the story. Maybe he was in a hurry and because we were in the hospital with Ash, he couldn't meet us?", Aria said softly, looking at Angel with a gentle expression.

"Yeah, that could be the reason. But I just feel bad that ....", Angel trailed off with a faint frown on her face.

Aria took the paper from Angel and looked at it.

Angelina, 

I'm leaving. It was really nice knowing you and I'm happy to have found friends like your sister, Arianna, and you.

I apologize for not being able to meet you before leaving.

If you need any help or need to talk to someone, I'll always be ready to listen.

My number - +1*********6

Hope you stay safe and happy.

Until next time.

                                 - Easton

"The Principal gave me that, saying Easton asked him to give this note to me. It would have been nice if he would have said all that directly to me.", Angel said with disappointment.

"You got attached to him.", Aria stated calmly.

"Huh?", Angel looked at her sister, confused.

"You got attached to Easton, Angel. That's why you're feeling bad.", Aria said calmly.

Angel bit her lip and looked out of the window.

"I guess so.", she mumbled.

Both of them sat in silence for a while.

"I didn't like him in the beginning, but, as time passed by, I got more and more comfortable around him. I don't know if it's because he used to accompany me during lunch and during the free hours I don't share with you, but , somehow, it feels a little empty without him at school. And I really don't know why I feel disappointed on whole with his sudden departure.", Angel said sadly.