Chapter 99

Third Person POV

Vince was sitting alone in the empty corridor, his eyes closed and his head leaning against the wall.

Aurelio finished talking to the doctor and informed them about the set up of equipment in their mansion.

He was walking back to where everyone was, but stopped when he saw Vince sitting alone in a deserted corridor.

Aurelio slightly frowned and walked to his brother.

He sat beside Vince, but the latter didn't open his eyes and neither did he say anything.

"Is your guard down, boss?", Aurelio asked, amused.

"I know it's you.", Vince replied calmly, still keeping his eyes closed.

Aurelio chuckled lightly.

"I know you're worried about the situation, but relax, brother. Everything will fall into place with time. We'll have to be a little more careful from now on. I should've-", Aurelio was saying calmly, but Vince cut him off.

"It's not your fault.", Vince said firmly.

Aurelio sighed. 

He so wished he could agree on that, but the guilt was hard to swallow.

"You said you were going to call someone. Who's that?", Aurelio asked.

"Reece.", was all Vince said, his eyes still closed.

Aurelio frowned and looked at his brother.

"Reece? That guy who's Angelina's cousin?", Aurelio asked, confused.

"Hmm.", Vince replied calmly.

"Why did you call him?", Aurelio asked, his confusion growing deeper.

No response.

"Vince, why did you call him?", Aurelio asked seriously.

Aurelio had a bad feeling about it.

He was getting restless with the news.

"Vince", Aurelio probed.

"I want him to take Lina with him to his house and family.", Vince said, his tone cold.

"WHAT?", Aurelio raised his voice in shock.

"What are you saying, Vince? I don't understand.", Aurelio asked, shocked, with hints of anger lacing his tone.

"You heard it right and what you understood is what I'm trying to say.", Vince said calmly.

The fact that Vince was saying it with such calmness and his refusal to open his eyes and look at him was making Aurelio immensely anxious.

He understood that Vince wasn't speculating about his decision, he had already made his mind on it.

It was impossible to convince Vince when he had made a strict decision.

"I don't understand. You knew about Angel's cousins from a long time ago and never planned on letting her go. Then why now? Why?", Aurelio asked anxiously.

"Why should Arianna stay with us, Aurelio? It's because we are her biological family. Isn't that the reason you all give?", Vince asked calmly.

"No. It's because we love her.", Aurelio said firmly.

"You love her now. But when she came to us for the first time, you accepted her because she was our sister who is related by blood. Leave us aside for a moment. Dad, uncle Ros, aunt, nonna and nonno loved Aria even before they met her or spent time with her. Why is that? Isn't it because she is dad's child and our sister?", Vince asked, finally opening his eyes and looking at Aurelio calmly.