Chapter 77

Easton

"Ms. Marino?", Kris asked, looking at me with a frown.

I maintained a neutral expression and blank eyes to avoid any suspicion.

"It's related to business, princess. You don't know her.", I said calmly.

"Why is it always about business! You should take some break, Tony.", she said with a huff.

Phew!

"I will.", I said.

"Then, can we go to a movie tomorrow?", she asked, looking at me with hope.

Sigh.

I hardly ever say no to her. And never when she asks so sweetly.

"Sure.", I said with a small smile.

"Great!", she exclaimed with a smile and looked at my assistant.

"Mr. Jones, you can take a break tomorrow too. My brother keeps exhausting you with work all the time. Isn't it?", she asked, looking at him with an expression of complaint.

"Sometimes, mam, yes.", he answered with a small smile.

He then looked at me and I arched a brow at him. He composed himself and cleared his throat.

"It's not exhausting, mam. I've been hired for this.", he said seriously yet with respect.

"Come on, Mr. Jones! You can tell me the truth.", Kris said, wiggling her brows.

"I'm quite comfortable with my job, mam.", he said gently, making her huff.

"Go and rest, princess. We'll have dinner together.", I said gently and kissed on her forehead.

She smiled, greeted Mr. Jones and walked away.

It's a good thing that she didn't probe further about Angel.

But I might not get a chance to visit the school with Kris around. I should rather complete the deals I've been working on.

I then looked at my assistant, Mr. Jones.

"I don't want Kris to know anything about Angelina. Don't talk about it when she is around, Mr. Jones.", I said calmly.

"Yes, sir. I'll take caution from now on.", he said seriously.

I nodded and looked at the file in his hand.

"Let's go to my study and discuss.", I said and gestured to him to follow me.

After we reached my study, I sat behind my table and Mr. Jones sat on one of the chairs opposite to me.

"What is this file about?", I asked.

"Sir, this information was collected from some of the men working for the Marinos. It was hard to make them speak but eventually, some of them answered a few questions and I dug some more from the police files.", he answered in his ever monotone voice with a neutral expression.

I opened the file and a frown etched on my face looking at the contents of the file.

"Sir, Ms. Marino was once kidnapped when she was 11 years old and was kept captive for a little more than two weeks.", he said and I looked at him with a serious frown.

"More than two weeks?", I asked with a hint of anger in my voice.

"Yes, sir.", he replied.

I knew she was kidnapped. I did get that information but I didn't know she was held for more than two weeks.

Two weeks!

What the hell was Vincent even doing?

Where the hell was he when she needed them?