Chapter 70

Arianna

Everything feels hazy and blurred.

I want to open my eyes but my eye lids feel heavy.

After a few more attempts I finally opened my eyes a little.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I closed them abruptly due to the light in the room.

The lights were dim but still it hurt, so I took my time to open my eyes completely.

I opened my eyes quickly when I felt someone's hold on my left hand.

I looked to the left and it was Vince.

He was looking at me with a gentle gaze.

By gentle, I mean as gentle as he could muster.

If it was a stranger, they would have thought that he still had a blank look but after knowing Vince for months, I came to differentiate between his blank look and gentle one.

He gently stroked my head and held my left hand in his.

"How are you feeling now, Aria?", he asked calmly.

That's when I remembered what happened at the school today. 

I just remember I started feeling pain in my throat and abdomen but don't remember what exactly happened later.

"You're awake? How are you feeling now, princess?", Theo asked from my right.

I flinched at his sudden voice but relaxed immediately after. Before I could even turn towards him properly, he was already by my side. 

He had a calm and gentle expression but his eyes held specks of concern in them.

I tried to speak but my throat was rough and scratchy.

Theo understood that and gently helped me to sit up.

He then held a glass of water at my lips. I tried to take the glass from him but he just gestured me to let him help me with it and I did.

After taking a few sips, I felt better.

"How are you feeling now?", Theo asked gently.

"Fine.", I answered.

The curtains were drawn but I could tell that it was already dark outside and the clock at the bedside table proved it.

It was a few minutes past mid night.

I looked straight and found Dylan, Ace, Ash and Angel sleeping on the sofa, opposite to my bed in a sitting position with Angel's head on Ash's shoulder.

They seem to be asleep.

"They've been waiting for you to wake up.", Vince commented.

"They could have gone home and come tomorrow.", I said softly.

"You know how stubborn each one of them is, don't you?", Theo said, looking at me.

"I know.", I said with a soft smile gracing my lips.

Though I felt bad as they looked really uncomfortable sleeping in that position, I also felt good that they cared enough to stay.

Angel would definitely stay. I know that without a doubt. 

But the other three staying felt unreal but also good.

"They look tough and unbothered on the outside but they do care a lot about you, princess.", Theo said gently, as if reading my thoughts.

He sure knows how my thoughts run!

Vince called someone and after a few moments, a doctor showed up at the door.