Chapter 62

Third person POV

A little girl with blonde hair that reached up to her shoulders, wearing a hairband with a little butterfly on its' right side, was sitting at the back in the booster seat of a car.

The little girl was swinging her legs, looking down at her lap with a gloomy expression and a small pout.

But in an instant, the little girl shook her head in a cute manner and smiled with her deep ocean blue eyes twinkling brightly.

She started swinging her legs a little fast with excitement and started talking to the driver of the car in her babyish voice.

The driver, however, answered her in a monotone.

But the driver's monotone answers didn't discourage the girl in talking.

In fact, she was all the more determined to make the man talk.

She continued her cute talks and the person still answered her in monotone or single word answers.

But in reality, the man was amused by the little girl. His lips slightly tugged upwards at the corners but he refused to smile.

He couldn't.

It was a part of his job to always stay focused and stoic.

Though the little girl has successfully gained his attention, he couldn't indulge himself in a talk with her.

It was against the rules.

So, though he wanted to answer the little girl in a better way, he chose to remain calm and stoic.

It amused him that the girl still kept talking to him despite of his boring answers.

Once or twice he couldn't help himself but chuckle in a low tone at the girl's antics.

After a few minutes, to his relief or disappointment, they have reached their destination.

He got out of the car and opened the back door. He helped the little girl out of the booster seat and placed her on her feet on the ground.

He then helped her to put on her school bag and walked her to the school gate and one of the caretakers received the girl at the gate.

While she was walking in, she turned around and waved at the man with a smile.

The man didn't wave back.

He felt it would be awkward for a grown up man to wave at someone. That too a four year old kid.

He looked at the girl one last time and walked away. He knew there were guards around the school for security.

The caretaker took the girl to a classroom. It was a preschool and the little girl had joined in the middle of the year.

Yesterday was her first day but she couldn't make any friends.

All the kids had already formed friends and little groups, so it was difficult for the kid who joined in the middle of the year to make friends.

Though the girl was ever enthusiastic, she couldn't make a friend.

It did not help that she was always smiling and some kids made fun of her ever lasting smile by calling her a clown.

However, it did not faze the girl. She did feel bad but she still chose to smile because that's what the most special person in her life told her.