Chapter 44

Arianna

Everything went pretty good the past two days.

Vince was as usual. He is like that with everyone.

Theo greets me and talks to me in the evening after returning from school. He asks me about my day at school and if everything went good.

Dylan makes me coffee sometimes and we are at 'greeting each other with a nod' stage. 

Ace as usual jokes around whenever he comes to pick me up after school.

Ash and I had some weird conversations or more precisely weird fights these past two days. And I'm coming to realize we are going to have a weird relationship.

And finally Angelina. Well we are getting more and more close each passing day. Everyday after completing her assignments, she comes into my room and plops on my bed. She keeps talking anything and everything even while I'm in the middle of an assignment.

I keep responding to her in monosyllables while working on my assignment but she does not bother and continues talking.

It's funny how sometimes she will be ready to say the same thing again if I tell her I haven't heard it properly. She has a lot of patience.

Right now, I'm writing my English essay and Angelina is laying flat on my bed, facing the ceiling.

"Hey Anna!", she called and I hummed.

"What kind of boys do you like?", she asked and I looked at her with a frown.

"I'm not sure.", I replied and went back to my essay.

"Who do you think is better, a typical bad boy or a typical golden boy?", she asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously Angel? That's a very lame question.", I said and tried to continue my essay.

"Hey! It's not lame. I'm just trying to find out your preferences.", she said with a pout.

"What is your preference?", I asked still trying to concentrate on my essay. Keyword 'trying'.

"I am going to be single.", she said and sighed dramatically.

Now that got my attention.

I looked at her amused.

"Why is that?", I asked.

"Relationships require too much attention and commitment. I'm too lazy for that.", she said nonchalantly and I chuckled.

"I thought you like boys similar to the male leads of the books you have crush on.", I said still amused.

"They are just fictional.", she huffed.

"So you don't want someone like Romeo?", I teased.

"I don't like Romeo.", she scoffed.

"Hey, stop diverting the topic towards me. Tell me about the kind of boys you like.", she exclaimed and I shook my head.

"I haven't met any boys until now. I don't know what kind of boys I would like.", I said honestly.

She sat up suddenly and gave me a big smile and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I have an idea. I'll give you some books. Read them and maybe then you can decide.", she said wiggling her brows and I grimaced.

"First of all, we are just fourteen. Second, I don't like literature.", I deadpanned and she pouted.

"Come on! We are sisters. We need to have something in common. If you read novels like me, it will be so nice.", she said with a sad look dramatically.

That's when I got an idea.