Chapter 61

Theo

"Angel will never leave us?", I questioned, looking at Vince.

He stared at me but didn't answer.

It was neither a yes nor a no.

I frowned and raised an eyebrow.

"The answer need not necessarily be a yes.", Vince stated.

My frown deepened.

"But the file says-", I was saying but Vince cut me off.

"Angelina's parents are dead.", Vince completed my statement and I nodded.

"That doesn't mean she doesn't have other relatives.", Vince continued calmly.

"What do other relatives have to do with her? Her parents are dead so we have full rights on her.", I stated with a frown.

"Are you saying that there is still a chance she could leave us?", Ace questioned.

"She won't leave us unless you give her a reason to.", Vince said calmly, looking at each of us.

What's that supposed to mean?

"What do you mean?", I questioned, a little offended.

"You know what I'm talking about. It's up to you whether you acknowledge it or not.", Vince said calmly.

"Vince is right.", Dylan said and we looked at him.

He looked at the twins and then at me.

"Today, while spending some time with Angel, I understood the extent to which we are distancing ourselves from her in the name of not letting her think we are differentiating her with Aria.", he said, looking me in the eyes.

I frowned and nodded at him to continue.

"Everything was going well but because of me reasoning out my words so as to not give her a wrong idea about my statement had suddenly created a friction. She looked hurt and we didn't talk for a while. We were still being silent and trust me, I cursed you a hundred times for creating doubts in my brain.", he said, looking at me with an accusatory glare.

"What are you trying to say, Dylan.", I asked him in a sharp voice and a firm expression.

"Your idea of being so called 'good' to Angel is creating more distance between us.", Dylan said in a hard tone.

"Dylan-", I started but he cut me off.

"Just tell me how would you feel if all of us start acting out of character with you and be extra gentle instead of being ourselves.", he questioned.

I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't.

What should I say to that?

"You would hate it. If we can't be ourselves in front of someone and just put up an act, it will make us strangers. If not today then definitely tomorrow.", Dylan said with a little exasperation in his voice.

I looked a little startled at what he said.

"You are making her what you want to prevent her to be. A stranger.", he said, looking straight in my eyes.

I never thought about it this way.

I wouldn't say Dylan is wrong but still somehow, I am unable to think beyond the possibility of her leaving us constantly lingering in my brain.

"I told that to you all long ago. But you wouldn't listen to me.", Ash said.

"I don't know what to say right now.", Ace commented, sighing.