Chapter 113

Third Person POV

Marino Mansion, Italy

"What was all that commotion a few hours ago about?", Aurelio asked calmly, but his angry eyes betrayed his calm countenance.

"Elio, I can explain.", Fio said.

"Please do.", Aurelio replied, folding his hands over his chest and leaning against the door frame.

Aria had never seen Aurelio angry. She could feel the tension in the air.

"Nonno was unnecessarily badmouthing Vince. We couldn't just keep quiet.", Ash complained angrily.

Aurelio wasn't surprised. He expected that the root of all that fiasco would be his parents or grandparents or uncle.

Just as he expected, the elders didn't betray his assumptions.

"What did he say?", he asked calmly.

"He was on about how Vince didn't raise us properly.", Ace said, clenching his palms into tight fists.

"Tsk.", Aurelio clicked his tongue, annoyed.

"They never change.", he thought internally.

"Fio, come with me.", Aurelio said seriously and turned around to leave.

"It's not Fio's fault.", Aria defended, worried that Fio might have to face the consequences of their actions.

"I know that, princess.", Aurelio said gently yet firmly and walked away.

Fio ruffled Aria's hair, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Relax. It's not that bad.", he said.

Fio walked out of the gaming room and closed the door behind him.

He walked to his brother's study, knowing well that's where he would head when upset.

As he reached Aurelio's study, he opened the door and walked in.

Aurelio was standing at the table, his back facing towards Fio.

"I-", Fio was starting to say something, but was cut off by his brother.

"What exactly happened after nonno commented about Vince?", Aurelio asked calmly, still not turning around.

"They gave him a befitting reply.", Fio replied honestly, not guilty of how his cousins defended Vince.

"And?", Aurlio questioned.

"Nonno was angry at the way we spoke and ordered Samuel to punish us.", Fio answered.

"What did you do then?", Aurelio probed.

"I requested to take Dylan's part in the punishment too. He's just 18, Elio. Too young to be dealing with nonno's madness.", Fio said, disdain clear in his tone.

That's when Aurelio turned around and faced his brother, looking him straight in the eyes.

"True. Dylan's too young. What's your age, Fio?", Aurelio asked as calmly as ever, but Fio could sense the underlying anger.

"I'm older than Dy-", Fio was defending, but his brother cut him off firmly.

"What's your age, Fiorenzo?", Aurelio asked sternly.

Fio stiffened. His brother rarely ever took his full name and when he did, he knew he would not like to hear anything but the answer to his questions.

"21.", he replied.

"21. Now, tell me, have I or have I not given you a position and rank in this organization a few months ago?", Aurelio asked, looking at his brother with a stern gaze.