Chapter 27

Arianna

After Vince walked away from the dining room, my anxiety and panic started kicking in.

What would they do now?

Will they hate me more than they already do?

What will Ash do?

Will he hit me or bully me at school?

All these thoughts were making me restless. That's when a pair of hands hugged me sideways. I stiffened at the sudden touch but relaxed after a while. It was Theo.

He gave me water and rubbed my palms and back, until I calmed down. Surprisingly enough, I calmed down. He then asked me to go to my room and take rest. I nodded and walked out of the dining room, not once looking at the three guys. Not having the courage to look at them.

I went to my room, closed the door and fell on my bed. That's when all the questions came kicking in.

How did Vince know?

Did anyone tell him?

But no one saw us. Then how?

Somehow, I feel there's something that I'm not completely able to understand about this family. They are not like the usual rich families. There are many suspicious things about them. Even my friends at school said that they are very influential. I really wonder what they do for a living. I know that the businesses Theo told about is not the complete truth.

Sigh.

I might die of this curiosity and suspicion. Theo has not told me the complete truth, but I'm pretty sure others won't too. Not like I can ask others. The only other person I can ask is Angelina and I'm restricted to talk to her.

Sigh.

Can life get any more mysterious and frustrating!

I soon fell asleep from all the exhaustion and overthinking.

Next day, I woke up early as usual, completed my morning routine, wore my school uniform and walked to the dining room. From all the conversation at school yesterday, I understood that the school I'm attending was for the elite. I mean rich. So even the uniform looks expensive.

I walked into the dining room and saw Vince checking out something in his tablet and Theo making something in the kitchen. I walked to my chair and sat down.

"Good morning, Arianna.", Vince greeted me in a blank tone.

"G-Good m-morning.", I stuttered.

"Good morning, Aria.", Theo greeted from the kitchen with a smile.

"Good morning.", I smiled back.

I am really tensed about facing Dylan, Ace and Ash right now. How are they going to react looking at me? What punishment did Vince give them? Are they angry with me?

"Here's your coffee, Aria.", Theo said putting a mug of coffee in front of me.

 I shook my head off all the thoughts and smiled at him.

"Thank you.".

He smiled and nodded in return. He then continued to check something on his phone. I sipped the coffee Theo gave me. It smelt and tasted delicious. Theo makes great coffee!

After sometime, Angelina walked in.

"Good morning, everyone.", she greeted with a smile, but this time her smile wasn't like before. It didn't reach her eyes.

"Good morning, angel", Theo greeted back.

Vince looked at Angelina and continued to stare at her and she stared right back at him and after a moment she looked away. Vince looked at her for a second longer and averted his eyes to the tablet in his hand.