Chapter 107

-------------------------------------IMPORTANT NOTE--------------------------------

This chapter contains a lot of graphic content and mentions of sexual abuse. I request readers who are underage and are faint hearted to skip the part I marked between the warning symbols. 

I repeat, do not read the contents under flashback that are marked with warning symbols if you cannot take it.

--------------------------------IMPORTANT NOTE ENDS-------------------------------

Third Person POV

Reece Mansion

"Lil got burned to death.", Katherina said stiffly.

Angelina stiffened at that, the mere statement hitting a memory that was buried deep in her mind.

Her breathing involuntarily grew shallow and she couldn't bring herself to speak or question any further. Goosebumps erupted on her skin and she was trying very hard to suppress the bubbling anxiety growing within her.

"There was a fire accident in the hospital and she got -", Katherina was saying in a daze, but stopped when she looked at Angelina.

Katherina placed a hand on Angel's gently, snapping her out of her daze.

"I'm sorry I'm telling you all the depressing moments, hon. Let's not talk about all that now. I'd rather tell you about the good memories and how naughty a kid your mother was.", Katherina said gently with a smile, suppressing her own depressing thoughts.

Angelina bit the insides of her cheek and tried to calm down and gave her aunt a small smile with a nod.

A few hours passed by with Katherina trying to lift Angelina's mood by narrating all the good memories about Lilliana's childhood and her teenage years. 

Angelina slowly started feeling drowsy and slipped into sleep in between her aunt's talks.

The exhaustion from the previous days and the sleepless nights she spent took a heavy toll on her. Her aunt's voice and stories soothed her exhaustion and slowly lulled her to sleep.

However, she would soon realize how big a mistake it was to fall asleep.

The words of her aunt and the effects of the therapy session she attended in the morning broke open the sealed memories and one by one they started seeping into her dreams.

Flashback

#############⚠️GRAPHIC CONTENT⚠️#############

A 11 year old Angelina was led to the cellar on her request to meet Dave Hawkins, the guard who was the head of her security, who was also captured during her abduction.

Angelina walked behind a few guys who led her down the stairs to the cellar.

There were quite a good number of cells on either side of the corridor whose gates were kept locked. 

The deep stench of dried blood was hitting her nostrils hard, making it hard for her to breathe. She swallowed the bile rising up her throat and forced herself to walk despite the injuries inflicted on her small body.

There were only a few light bulbs hanging from the ceiling, giving the corridor a dark sense. Angelina could see from her peripheral vision that there were a few people in some cells, but she kept her gaze straight ahead, scared to even look at them.