Chapter 74

Arianna

"Aurelio", Vince whispered, looking at the said man with a very faint frown.

"Vincent", the man greeted with a stoic face and a hint of a small smirk.

"I see Theo is late in informing you about my arrival.", he said, looking at Theo and then back at Vince.

"I thought there was still time for you to reach.", Theo said with a faint sigh.

"Excitement leads to fastened results, dear brother.", the man said, looking at Theo.

"It sure does.", Theo replied dryly.

The man then looked at me and offered a small smile.

"This must be my little cousin.", he said, looking at me with a slightly gentle gaze.

Cousin?

He is our cousin?

What should I say now?

Should I greet him?

Why is no one making any introductions?

Will he think I'm rude if I keep him waiting?

Oh god!

He walked towards us and sat opposite to me at the table.

"The name is Aurelio Marino, little lady. I am your eldest cousin.", he said, looking at me with a faint smile.

"Hi. I am Arianna.", is all I said with a nervous smile.

"Nice name.", he said, followed by a minute of silence.

"Stop glaring at Theo, Vince.", he stated calmly.

"We'll speak in my office, Elio.", Vince stated in a flat tone, looking at Aurelio, ignoring his previous comment.

"I am afraid I'm not free. After all, I should get to know my pretty cousin.", he said with a small smile directed at me and I blushed.

No one spoke anything after that. There was complete silence and it's starting to make me anxious.

"Aren't you guys leaving for office?", Aurelio asked after a while in silence.

"Aria will be alone at home. So I-", Theo was saying but Aurelio cut him off.

"Relax, brother. I will keep her company.", he said, looking at Theo.

"You are new to her. She will feel uncomfortable.", Vince stated calmly.

"She'll feel fine if we spend some time together.", Aurelio insisted.

"Fine. Call us if you need anything, Aria.", Vince said, looking at me.

"You worry too much, Vince. I can take care of her just fine. After all I handle two crazy brothers of mine.", he said with a light chuckle.

"That you do.", Theo agreed, chuckling.

Vince gave a curt nod and stood up with a faint smile on his face.

Both my brothers walked away after reminding me of what I should do and not do to heal faster and ordering me to rest properly and of course to not get in any trouble.

Aurelio and I still sat at the dining table in silence and I was just staring at the table in front of me and I don't know what he is doing and he also hasn't spoken a word yet.

I have so many things to ask but I feel a little hesitant.

I don't even know anything about my cousins.

Not even how many cousins I have.

Sigh.

"Ask away.", he said suddenly, startling me a little.