Chapter 42

Arianna

Ash sat beside at our table and we looked at him startled.

He looked at me and gave me a faint smirk, one which I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't observe his face properly.

Why the hell did he sit here?

Ugh.

I don't know what to do or what to say right now.

Should I introduce him to my friends?

No. That doesn't sound like a good idea.

I groaned internally.

What does he want now!

He cleared his throat bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him. More precisely glared at him.

"What are you doing here, Ash? Go away.", I muttered in a low voice so only he could hear.

"Come on! Can I not sit with my little sissy?", he asked a bit loudly with a face that's supposed to be innocent I guess.

Anyway he didn't look innocent at all. He still looked like his usual self. I felt like rolling my eyes.

Little sissy?

Seriously?

What's wrong with him?

Why is he doing all this in front of my friends?

Wait.

I get it.

Revenge!

For not listening to him.

I bit my inner cheek to cover my annoyance.

I looked at my friends and they were looking at Ash wide eyed. Even Julia looks surprised.

"Will you not introduce me to your friends little sissy?", he asked averting his eyes to my friends and they looked like they were going to pass out any time now.

Ugh.

I don't like to be called little sissy!

I took a breath and looked at my friends.

"Girls, this is Ashton, my brother.", I said with a tight lipped smile but my voice held a little hint of annoyance.

"Ash, they are my friends, Maeve, Leah and Julia.", I said pointing at my friends and they composed from their state of shock.

Leah and Mae gave him a nervous smile and Julia just gave him a nod.

"Hello girls. I hope my sister is not causing you trouble.", he said in his usual emotionless voice and stoic face and my friends gulped and nodded.

Who is the one causing trouble here!

I scowled and glared at him but he royally ignored me.

My glare is wasted!

"Well, girls, come find us in case my sister gets into trouble. She's really clumsy and forgets things easily.", he said and gave me a small smirk.

I so wanted to punch his face!

Clumsy?

Me?

Ugh.

My fists are itching to make contact with his face!

"She's not that responsible and quite dumb. I mean naive.", he said and my friends looked at me and again at him.

I could see they were pressing their lips tightly to prevent laughing.