Chapter 108

Third Person POV

Reece Mansion

Zay returned to his room after Kris calmed down.

He could see why she was so furious and he was equally angry, but that wouldn't help the situation.

He was surprised Kris had called someone from the Marino family and scolded him so casually. It must mean she had met the guy before.

He didn't know how far that guy was going to be of use, but Zay decided to talk to the girl he had spoken to the previous day.

It was the middle of night for them, so it must be early morning in Italy. He decided to call her in the morning when it would be early hours of evening in Italy.

A few hours later, it was finally early morning.

Katherina had stayed in Angelina's room all night and both of them couldn't catch a wink of sleep.

Angelina felt guilty and embarrassed about the incident she had caused in the middle of the night, but she was slightly relieved that her aunt wasn't being judgmental or angry about it.

"It's already morning, aunt Kate, you should go and rest in your room.", Angelina said softly, looking out of the window, unable to face her aunt due to the embarrassment.

Katherina, who had been sitting on the couch all this time to give her niece some space, stood up and walked to her.

She gently hugged her niece who stiffened at her action.

"Relax, darling. Don't stress yourself about trivial matters.", Katherina said gently, kissing the top of her niece's head.

Angelina could only nod.

"I'll leave for now. Get up and complete your morning routine by the time breakfast is prepared.", Katherina said with a smile and walked out.

As soon as she walked out, she saw the new maid walking towards the staircase. Katherina frowned at that. None of the maids came to the first floor at that hour.

"Greta", Katherina called out, halting the maid in her steps.

Greta turned around and faced her with a nervous stance.

"What are you doing here this early in the morning?", Katherina asked calmly.

"I-I was sweeping the floor, mam.", she replied and Katherina clearly caught a hint of fear in the woman's voice.

"At this hour? How did you think of sweeping when no one has woken up yet and the rooms are still closed?", Katherina asked sternly.

"I-I was just s-sweeping the corridors, mam.", Greta answered.

Katherina nodded and dismissed her. She knew something was definitely wrong with the new maid and she would get to know every small detail of her.

On the other hand, Angelina took a deep breath to calm her still worked up nerves. 

If Easton had not stepped up and held her in his embrace to calm her down, she would have definitely called Vince in desperation. She didn't know if it was good or bad.

She stood up to walk to the bathroom, but was startled when someone opened her door abruptly.

"Sorry for scaring you.", Easton said with a guilty smile.

"It's fine.", she replied calmly.

"Well then, complete your morning chores and put on these sweats. I'll be waiting for you in the living area.", he said, placing a set of sweats on her bed.